PDA

View Full Version : space hulk android game

greylark
04-03-2012, 12:04
This probably has been flagged but I couldn't see any references to it in search

It's called templar assult obviously it's trying not to get sued, but it is basically space hulk and the basic version is free

ted1138
04-03-2012, 15:16
This is what I hate about "Apps", the 'steal anything, it doesn't matter' attitude...

greylark
04-03-2012, 15:37
meh it is fun though, and tbh I don't think it's any worse that all the people that gobbled up all the spacehulk games they could and sell them overpriced on ebay. I would happily buy space hulk from gw if I could.

=Angel=
04-03-2012, 15:38
This is what I hate about "Apps", the 'steal anything, it doesn't matter' attitude...
There is a lot of that yes.
But it raises questions like why isn't there a licensed SH app. Nothing was "stolen" here, no revenue has been lost from people not buying spacehulk in the stores or on their phones.
Certainly game mechanics were copied.
I'd love to buy a boxed set of SH now that I've played a few games with my FLGS copy but I can't.

GW seems to have created a demand which they are not supplying, which as in the case of our recently released models, gave rise to 3rd parties stepping up.

greylark
04-03-2012, 15:42
This is exactly what I think. I can understand the whole limited edition thing, but maybe that should have just been the models.. I would happily buy the rulebook if could. I also notice that another company have started making plastic corridors and sections which are extremely space hulky. Also if GW released a space hulk app that was half decent I would happily buy it

Chem-Dog
04-03-2012, 16:12
I've not entered into the mediacloud lunacy of Apps and whatnot but I've had an officially licensed version of Space Hulk on my last two phones (read as "about five years") downloaded off of one of those sites that advertise in all kinds of magazines that I occasionally pick up.

Point is, if it's been readily available to oldschool WAP users like myself for the last umpteen years, I can't imagine it's not available to young whippersnappers with their newfangled tricorder-esque handheld supercomputers.

dangermouse425
04-03-2012, 16:15
I downloaded it this morning, and it's dull as anything.

MasterValrik
04-03-2012, 23:57
There is a lot of that yes.
But it raises questions like why isn't there a licensed SH app. Nothing was "stolen" here, no revenue has been lost from people not buying spacehulk in the stores or on their phones.
Certainly game mechanics were copied.
I'd love to buy a boxed set of SH now that I've played a few games with my FLGS copy but I can't.

GW seems to have created a demand which they are not supplying, which as in the case of our recently released models, gave rise to 3rd parties stepping up.

Agree, I am glad I kept my 1st edition SH/Genstelars box games, they are crazy on ebay...

ehlijen
05-03-2012, 05:16
If you want computer space hulk, try to find a copy of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubation:_Time_Is_Running_Out

It's not just a rip off though, it adds a whole lot to the basic idea.

=Angel=
05-03-2012, 10:42
Having played the game, it's not spacehulk, anymore than Han solo is a cowboy and chewie is his horse.
Same premise, different execution. It's not at all a clone of the spacehulk mechanics.
It's obviously riffing (not ripping) off spacehulk and plays like a fans homebrew rules with limited weapon range and hitpoints.
Download it and have a go