PDA

View Full Version : tzeench csm questions

Dreadlordpaul
04-03-2012, 19:53
Hey guys i am thinking about starting a tzeench csm army and i have a couple of questions,

What terminators actually look tzeenchy and would make the best tzeench termies
Would anyone have a problem with me using grey knights as aspring champs

wyvirn
04-03-2012, 21:55
I'd say that the best looking Tzeench termis would be the CSM Terminator Lord IMO. Use a few bitz from that kit for some flavor.

And as long as your consistent and WYSIWYG, most people don't have a problem with it. The main caveat with counts as grey knights are the other way around, using GK rules for other marine models. So you're in the clear as far as I'm concerned.

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 09:23
I'd say that the best looking Tzeench termis would be the CSM Terminator Lord IMO. Use a few bitz from that kit for some flavor.

And as long as your consistent and WYSIWYG, most people don't have a problem with it. The main caveat with counts as grey knights are the other way around, using GK rules for other marine models. So you're in the clear as far as I'm concerned.
yeah i just wanted aspiring champions who look like actual psykers and not ancient egypt wannabes

Turrican1983
05-03-2012, 09:32
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying "use GK rules for Thousand Sons".
The Thousand Sons have AP3 BOLTERS! They are brilliant at killing Space Marines.

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 09:41
The Thousand Sons have AP3 BOLTERS! They are brilliant at killing Space Marines.

i think its the whole brotherhood of psykers thing

Barbarossa
05-03-2012, 11:21
I've built mine out of the SM terminator kit (the Chaos one wasn't released back then), Khemri blades and metal Thousand Sons heads. Except for the champion, who has a Skaven warpstone thingy for a sorcerer's staff.

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 11:33
I've built mine out of the SM terminator kit (the Chaos one wasn't released back then), Khemri blades and metal Thousand Sons heads. Except for the champion, who has a Skaven warpstone thingy for a sorcerer's staff.

they look really nice mate :)
Does anyone think the GK termies would make good tzeenchian terminators

Turrican1983
05-03-2012, 11:44
Nope. Too knightly.
Using the metal Thousand Sons bits on regular termies looks much better.

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 11:51
i really detest the thousand son models :p the knightly part dosent bother me as the warband is going to be called either the knights of tzeench or the knights of sorcery but i cant fully decide

Khorneguy
05-03-2012, 12:00
knights of tzeentch sounds more awesome to me :)

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 12:06
knights of tzeentch sounds more awesome to me :)

knights of tzeench it shall be then

Charistoph
05-03-2012, 14:24
How many "Tactical" and "Chosen" Marine squads are you planning on taking? They're your most likely target for Aspiring Champions.

Terminators can all be upgraded to Champions. Thousand Sons squads have an Aspiring Sorcerer as their lead...

But so long as they look awesome, who really cares?

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 14:32
well in my first list for the army i have 3 basic marine squads but i may drop something to get a extra squad in. As the entire chapter fell i plan to make each company so my chaos lord is the leader of the whole warband/ chapter

Sureshot05
05-03-2012, 14:34
For thousand terminators, I used grey knight helmets, and some scribor parts, with a little resculpting of my own. This was a work in progress shot of them I took a while back.

However, it is worth emphasising that you don't have to do Thousand sons, other chapters have fallen under Tzeetch's sway over the many millenia since the fall. Game play wise, the MoT is not the best as cover saves tend to be better than the invulnerable offered by Tzeetch. But...

Background wise, TS's have some of the best heresy stuff, with the fall of prospero being an iconic event for many in the background.

I really wouldn't worry too much about using the gery knight book for them, with the new chaos book on the way I would just enjoy the models, and the background whilst building up a force that is used under the current CSM book. Little point using the grey knight book in my opinion as if you are after a tournament army it would not be legal, and hence i can only assume you are not really chasing for a power build anyway.

Dreadlordpaul
05-03-2012, 15:03
i aint going to use the GK book jjjust some of their models :) my fallen chapter was the knights of the emporer chapter before they turned

prowla
05-03-2012, 17:01
CSM Termi kit has some sorcerer-style bits, as does the CSM Terminator Lord/Sorc kit. On 3rd party stuff, Scibor, Kromlech and some other companies do "Egyptian" themed marine parts.

Latro_
05-03-2012, 19:01
use these as mentioned
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/chaos-terminator-lord-head-p-2057

3 in stock, googog

KingDeath
05-03-2012, 23:37

No they aren't. Cover and vehicles make the 1k sons, which have no other special weapons but a few expensive and crappy psychic powers ( which can be shut down ), massively overpriced and therefore utterly useless.

Mannimarco
05-03-2012, 23:45
The next IA book wil focus on Tzeentchian forces so Id expect a CSM and terminator upgrade kits to be released for that like the berserkers and plague marines had.

Charistoph
06-03-2012, 03:08
No they aren't. Cover and vehicles make the 1k sons, which have no other special weapons but a few expensive and crappy psychic powers ( which can be shut down ), massively overpriced and therefore utterly useless.

And extreme hyperbole a case does not make. "Useless" is extreme and inaccurate. "Less Effective" is case with them. If we want useless, we can look at Spawn and Ethereals.