PDA

View Full Version : 3,000pt No Drop Dwarf Army

Bhrymm
05-03-2012, 17:57
So I was playing around with the idea of a no drop Dwarf List. Lately I have been getting fed up with my artillery and I think it's time to try something a bit different.

Bugman(General)

Thane / BSB, RoBrotherhood, RoCleaving,RoStone,

Thane / GW, MRoKragg the Grimm, RoMight, RoBrotherhood, RotFurnace(to make RoB legal on him)

Runesmith / GW, RoBrotherhood, MRoBalance

Runesmith / GW, RoBrotherhood, RoSpell Breaking

30 x Dwarf Longbeard Rangers / FC, GW, RS/RoB, Ancestor Rune

30 x Dwarf Longbeard Rangers / FC, GW, RS/RoB

40 x Miners / FC, Steam Drill

Is this an incredibly stupid idea?:shifty:

Wesser
05-03-2012, 18:16
As someone who've played against Tyranid Seeding swarms and space marine drop pod armies I'll tell you it sounds more fun than it is.

I'm not certain whether or not dwarves have the manueverability for an army like this as it risk getting either too spread out and surrounded piece by piece or else sit in one corner where the enemy can pin you down.

Its prolly fun to pull as one-time surprise on your enemy, but at length I'd find it annoying to play against. Not OP, just annoying

Bhrymm
05-03-2012, 18:28
As someone who've played against Tyranid Seeding swarms and space marine drop pod armies I'll tell you it sounds more fun than it is.

I'm not certain whether or not dwarves have the manueverability for an army like this as it risk getting either too spread out and surrounded piece by piece or else sit in one corner where the enemy can pin you down.

Its prolly fun to pull as one-time surprise on your enemy, but at length I'd find it annoying to play against. Not OP, just annoying

As for maneuverability, That's my worry too. The Rangers are scout's and therefore can start within 12" of the enemy. The miner's, starting on turn 2, have a chance of coming in from any table edge I want. 4+ on turn 2, then 3+, then 2+. All rerollable with the steam drill.

lovedinplaster
05-03-2012, 19:08
I don't know about a NO drop.. But start with the anvil as you're only drop, force bad maneuvering out ofthe opponent with your scooters and miners, and bring a gyrocopter for when you squeeze around the back.

calnen
05-03-2012, 21:11
As above. This list works a lot better with an Anvil. Tool the runelord up for defence so he survives for a while, and he'll provide magic defence too while scooting your scouts into combat as they appear.

Bhrymm
05-03-2012, 21:38
But the anvil blows up...It always blows up.:cries: About 50% of the games I use it in it blows up.(Not even using Ancient power.)

Gop
08-03-2012, 03:41
That's probably bad luck. Using anvil to only slow movement usually works.