PDA

View Full Version : 40k mission cards

pmavoider
06-03-2012, 02:31
So I heard that long ago 40k had secret mission cards. So I would like to come up with a set for my groups use. I have some ideas but would live to hear yours as well.

VendableFall
06-03-2012, 03:27
Assasinate - kill the enemys commander
Control the battlefeild - place an aditional objective in the centre of the battle feild, this is worth 2 objective points

just two of the top of my head

Chapters Unwritten
06-03-2012, 03:32
Someone some time ago put out a set of those for modern 40k, they were quite good, haven't the slightest idea where to get them though.

pmavoider
06-03-2012, 03:57
I definitely want to include an assassination mission. Some other ideas were troop eradication, getting off the board edge, table quarters etc. should these be secondary objectives to the book missions?

Draconis
06-03-2012, 03:59
Ive been working on something similar. Here's the ideas I've gotten so far.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?334880-Need-your-help

Grocklock
06-03-2012, 11:21
i know the overlords a brittish podcast use them at there club you could always email them and get a copy

The Clairvoyant
06-03-2012, 13:11
2nd ed had mission cards. Off the top of my head there was 'Assassin' where you got +5vps for killing the general, 'Take and Hold' which was a single objective worth 5vps, 'Engage and Destroy' which was additional vps for killing stuff, 'Dawn Raid' where you had to get one unbroken unit into enemy deployment zone (bear in mind 40k was a 4-turn game then), then there was 'Witch Hunt' from Dark Millennium where you got additional 5VPs for killing the highest level psyker and i'm sure there was a 6th but can't remember it. Tyranids had their own missions in their codex, one of which turns it into a 6 turn game and your objective is to wipe out the enemy while the tyranids get unlimited recycling of troops.
Most of the missions had a secondary objective which was basically a lower VP version of engage and destroy.
Bear in mind i haven't seen my cards for many years so may have got some of it wrong!

big squig
07-03-2012, 00:41
These are my old mission cards from 4th ed. They were pretty popular and a lot of people DLed them.
40k mission cards (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?21035-A-gift-to-40k-players-everywhere)

I have an updated version somewhere. I'll see if I can find them.

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-03-2012, 07:46
and i'm sure there was a 6th but can't remember it.

I think it was High Ground. Take the 3(?) highest point on the table.