PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Points of Empire for Tournament

Rommel44
07-03-2012, 05:10
Hey mates, recently I received word that the 2,800 point tournament that was supposed to be at the end of this month at my game store has been changed to 2,000 points since many of the new fantasy players at my store wanted to join in but didnt have enough points, hence why it was lowered. Now this is particularly tricky for me since it has been a long time since I played a game at this point level, and after moving some stuff around I finally managed to come with a pretty effective but balanced list so without further ado tell me what you guys think.

*General:
-w/Sword of Might, Full Plate Armor, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance

*Wizard Lord:
-w/Talisman of Preservation, Lore of Fire/Shadow/Light

*BSB:
-w/Armor of Meteoric Iron, Iron Curse Icon

*Warrior Priest #1:
-w/hw, hvy. armor, shield

*Warrior Priest #2:
-w/hw, hvy. arnor, shield

*Engineer:
-w/hw

*(39x) Halberds: (w/Warrior Priest #1)
-w/Full Command

*(39x) Halberds: (w/Warrior Priest #2)
-w/Full Command

*(15x) Crossbows: (w/Wizard Lord)
-w/Standard, Banner of Eternal Flame

*(28x) Greatswords: (w/BSB, General)
-w/Full Command

*Cannon:

*Cannon:

*Mortar:

*Mortar:

Total: 1,999 points

m1acca1551
07-03-2012, 05:17
Looks solid to me mate.

Wesser
07-03-2012, 09:46
Aye

If I were you I'd prolly skimp on the Talismans for the General and Wizard Lord. The General isnt rly worth tooling up too much and Wizards.... in my experience wizards die to misscasts/spells that instant kill and in your case youve put him in unit that...if engaged in combat is probably gonna lose and be run down. My bet i that you wont be taking any saves with that thing.

The points you save could be put into some small detachments for your blocks. That'll give you some throw-away chaff as well as some much needed manueverability which is the Achilles-heel of this army.

But solid list nevertheless

Rokyt
07-03-2012, 11:25
A nice solid list, I would recommend you to take the rod of power instead the talisman of preservation - you can maximize your dispel dices granted by priests by using them in your magic phase (if you doňt use them for dipelling of course). I would field some small detachments (5-6 FC) for redicereting - delaying nasty enemy units

grhino
08-03-2012, 11:55
About as solid as a 2000 point list can get! Nice one!

Rommel44
08-03-2012, 18:15
Thanks for the advice mates. The reason that my Lvl. 4 has the 4+ ward is because I have had good success with it when it comes to defending her against spells and shots that people tend to throw at her, and my General has the 5+ ward because not only does he boost my Greatswords, he also has his LD9, which is huge for the Empire.

D'Haran
09-03-2012, 04:45
If you give your general the dawnstone along with the dragon helm and a normal shield it'd be a 2+ rerollable which is usually better than a 5+ ward (unless your against something S7 or higher and there's not a ton of that out there).

Bigman
12-03-2012, 03:37
Never underestimate a unit of pistoliers. 5 costs 90 points and they can do wondrous things as fast cav

Wesser
12-03-2012, 22:15
Never underestimate a unit of pistoliers. 5 costs 90 points and they can do wondrous things as fast cav

Anyone fields pistoliers? Fast Cavalry is overcosted these days, and pistoliers are the worst of the trend

Morax
13-03-2012, 13:17
Anyone fields pistoliers? Fast Cavalry is overcosted these days, and pistoliers are the worst of the trend

I agree that the pistoliers are the worst of that trend. There are some who swear by pistoliers. Either way I think it got discussed quite throughly in the empire tactica forum. It would be a shame to snag this army list thread to go off on a "Pistoliers aren't worth it" rant.

Very solid list, only concern is the placement of the warrior priests. Your greatswords are your hardest hitting unit, why no hatred love for them? If you are going to go through the trouble of taking greatswordsmen, which I usually don't but to each his own, then moving a warrior priest in there is pretty essential. I'd move the general out to a halberdier unit to make room for that warrior priest.

EndlessBug
13-03-2012, 13:27
good list.

though perhaps squeeze in dawnstone on the BSB?

i'd probably avoid fire on the lvl 4. By my count that lore has 3 good spells (fireball, flaming sword and fire prison), 1 ok one (cloak) and 3 bad ones (firestorm, piercing bolts and burning head). Whereas shadow has 4 good (miasma, mindrazor, withering, enfeebling), 1 situational (pit) and 1 bad (the other one that i've forgotten the name of). Light has net of amyntok, which is incredible. the 2 buff spells are pretty nifty too. magic missiles will always be handy and phas protection will always be useful too.

imo, Fire, beasts, heavens and metal are the lores you take on your backup level 1s or 2s. Shadow, light, life and death you take on your level 4.

Yowzo
13-03-2012, 13:29
Very solid list, only concern is the placement of the warrior priests. Your greatswords are your hardest hitting unit, why no hatred love for them? If you are going to go through the trouble of taking greatswordsmen, which I usually don't but to each his own, then moving a warrior priest in there is pretty essential. I'd move the general out to a halberdier unit to make room for that warrior priest.

There's one but, an opp might redirect a few attacks against the WP and kill him before the GS get to swing. In my experience, if you are going to put a WP in a unit of GS give him something better than 4+/6++ save. My WP on the greatswords gets the armour of meteoric iron, so most people don't bother to hit him.

Yowzo
13-03-2012, 13:33
i'd probably avoid fire on the lvl 4. By my count that lore has 3 good spells (fireball, flaming sword and fire prison), 1 ok one (cloak) and 3 bad ones (firestorm, piercing bolts and burning head).

Not only that. You don't want to have 100% flaming attacks on a unit with two cheap items giving 2++ ward against fire.

I always try to include a giant spider or giant squig with a 2++ ward save against flaming precisely to hit flaming crossbowmen, if the wizard's lore is fire it is almost sure he'll get to combat quick and unharmed.