PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Only Slaanesh Daemons

Brolaski
08-03-2012, 12:03
I recently posted an all Tzeentch army on here the other day thinking that tzeentch and khorne were big rivals, but since I recently found out the slaanesh is actually khornes rival, I decided to make another list to try. The backround on this is that a new daemons player recently started coming to my gaming club and plays mono-khorne. So just for some kicks, I wanted to make a rival army, so that there would be a lot of variety in armies.

Lord:
Keeper of Secrets - lvl2, gen

Hero:
Herald of Slaanesh - BSB, icon of despair, enrapturing gaze, sporific musk

Herald of Slaanesh - sporific musk

Core:
(x30) Daemonettes - Full Comm., siren standard

(x30) Daemonettes - Full Comm., siren standardv

Rare:
(x3) Fiends

(x3) Fiends

Pts: 2000

That's my list. Plan is to just run the daemonettes up and have my fiends and keeper hit the flanks and rears, fiends can also do some warmachine hunting. I gave the keeper lvl2 magic so that I would have a little bit more magical defense, which is what I see as the biggest weakness of this list right now. An alternate list would see the loss of the special battle standard and the keeper, and instead have another herald and another block of 30 daemonettes. I think sporific musk is important because I don't want to stay in combat so if I can win that first combat, I want to try and make sure I overrun. So what do you guys think? How are my battle plans? What about the list?

Thanks a lot!

thrawn
08-03-2012, 12:53
I recently posted an all Tzeentch army on here the other day thinking that tzeentch and khorne were big rivals, but since I recently found out the slaanesh is actually khornes rival, I decided to make another list to try. The backround on this is that a new daemons player recently started coming to my gaming club and plays mono-khorne. So just for some kicks, I wanted to make a rival army, so that there would be a lot of variety in armies.

Lord:
Keeper of Secrets - lvl2, gen

Hero:
Herald of Slaanesh - BSB, icon of despair, enrapturing gaze, sporific musk

Herald of Slaanesh - sporific musk

Core:
(x30) Daemonettes - Full Comm., siren standard

(x30) Daemonettes - Full Comm., siren standardv

Rare:
(x3) Fiends

(x3) Fiends

Pts: 2000

That's my list. Plan is to just run the daemonettes up and have my fiends and keeper hit the flanks and rears, fiends can also do some warmachine hunting. I gave the keeper lvl2 magic so that I would have a little bit more magical defense, which is what I see as the biggest weakness of this list right now. An alternate list would see the loss of the special battle standard and the keeper, and instead have another herald and another block of 30 daemonettes. I think sporific musk is important because I don't want to stay in combat so if I can win that first combat, I want to try and make sure I overrun. So what do you guys think? How are my battle plans? What about the list?

Thanks a lot!

take out a couple of fiends and put in the Masque. also, if your keeper is only lvl2, make him lvl 1 and take a dispell scroll.

Rajhald
09-03-2012, 02:55
First off if you are running the Keeper then you need to be playing at 2250. None of the Greaters are worth fielding without toys and right now the keeper is the best, run him with spirit swallower end of discussion.

Second, why dont you have siren song in this list? It is arguably the best demonic gift, allowing you to pull your opponent out of position and get in the flanks. No reason not to have it.

Third, why the Siren standards? He is daemons and can't flee anyway, also won't be shooting at you.

I know the icon of despair is amazing however if I knew I was playing another daemon player id almost want to take the stubborn banner.

Just my .02

Rosstifer
09-03-2012, 03:09
Needs moar Siren Song! Seriously though I like it alot more than the Tzeentch list, it has MUCH more combat power, is faster, and looks better too! They don't really feature the Gods riavalrys anymore, but in the fluff of the 3.5 Chaos Space Marine's book it went Khorne/Slaanesh and Tzeentch/Nurgle.

Slaanesh dislikes Khorne because he's crude angry and ugly and Khorne dislikes Slaanesh because he's a wussy fop. Roughly. Tzeentch dislikes Nurgle because Nurgle is all about death, decay and endings, and Nurgle dislikes Tzeebntch because he's all about eternity, life going on and changing. I think, anyways.

Brolaski
09-03-2012, 03:16
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

@Rajhald
- thanks for the tip on the keeper, I'll take him out, go with list #2. Also, the other stuff is in there because this list also has to take on TK, Dwarfs, Beastmen, and one or two others, so I still want it to be an all-comers list.

@Rosstifer
- Thanks again for the fluff info, really appreciate it! I've never been terribly into fluff, but I guess I'll have to fix that :)

Brolaski
09-03-2012, 04:07
I changed my list to the following

Hero:
HoS - BSB, Icon of Despair, siren song, musk
HoS - Gen, siren song, musk, lvl1

Core:
Daemonettes (x30) - Full Comm, siren stand
Daemonettes (x30) - Full Comm, siren stand

Spec:
Seekers (x5) - Standard
Seekers (x5) - Standard
Seekers (x5) - Standard, Champ

Rare:
Fiends (x3)
Fiends (x3)

How does the list look now? Also, how would you run the daemonettes, 10x3 or 6x5, and why? Thanks again!

manickze
14-03-2012, 01:44
That looks like a really nice list. definately good against Khorne.