PDA

View Full Version : Skaven?

metallegion
26-04-2006, 16:29
I'm thinking about re-doing my old skaven army.

So far I'm thinking a mix of the clans... too many good things for just one. ;)
I'll have gutter runners, rat Ogres, Globies, warpcannons.... and of cource Calnrats!!!

Here are my questions.....
I have the old Doomwheel... can I still use that? If not would 2 warpcannons be too :cheese: ?

If I'm going to have slaves... can I make them out of other models besides rats, or is there a height issue? (LOS)

I love the rats.. and love the fun factor of the rare units... I won't be using any Ratling guns :angel: ... so I do think it would be too bad to use my rare choices.

Thanks for any help!

Verminmistress
26-04-2006, 16:38
You can still download the rules for the Doomwheel, so I don't think it'll be a problem to use it except in tournaments. I can't find the link to it for the life of me, so I've put it as an attachment. (It has the rules for the Vermin Lord too, because that's how it came and I don't know how to edit PDF files. :rolleyes: )

I don't think there'd be a LOS problem for the slaves, unless you had slaves that were ogres or something. So long as they were all armed the same and looked suitably slave-y, they should be fine.

metallegion
26-04-2006, 18:41
I want to actually convert human... I might use marauders since they have no shirts... Although they look too muscular.. and I'm not sure Iff I like the helmets... I'd prefer my slaves to have no armor.

Sasquatch
27-04-2006, 16:10
There are .pdf rules for the doomwheel as well as the characters that didn't make it to 6th edition.

As for a mix of clans, I think it's the best option, though clan lists are fluffy and still competitive. You have a lot of tactical options to choose from.

In moderation there is nothing wrong with ratlings. 1 per 1K of army is a good rule of thumb and adding a warpfire thrower to the mix can be quite effective.

Slaves can be modelled with almost anything man sized, as long as it's on a 20mm base, just make them look weak and beaten up and it'll be fine. They are probably the most valuable unit in Fantasy, so are very much worth having.

Ell The Smell
27-04-2006, 22:01
The human slave idea sounds really good, i would think about looking at the Empire Militia Boxed Set, as i don't think they have any amour, look a bit wimpier than the chaos too, although a mix of the 2 boxes might be intresting.

Stouty
27-04-2006, 22:24
Throw in a bit of zombie, for pestilensy style and also some naked, malnutrishioned (dear Lord I butchered that word) bodies. Not sure what you'd do with excess overly zombie heads. Cry perhaps? Maybe add green stuffed hair and say they had the plague but be careful not to put them on overly zombie-ish torsoes. If one has spilled guts give it a screaming militia head and arms cradelling his poor belly. That way he looks alive and in pain.