PDA

View Full Version : Nehekaharan lore attirbute question

Akusho6
09-03-2012, 19:01
I read the Tomb King's FAQ and spotted that the nehekaharan spell lore attribute that brings 1d3+1 wounds back to a squad when successfully augmented can NOT heal characters or their mounts (including chariots i am assuming). This was not the question I was originally looking for, but based on that FAQ am I to take it that a TK player can heal up to 4 wounds off of a chariot squad, thus potentially bringing back a couple of chariots from the dead? (1 fully healed and 1 with 2 wounds if a 5-6 is rolled to account for the 1d3+1)?

This seems absolutely ridiculous to me and because of it I have yet to win a game against him.

He runs three squads of 6 chariots for the extra rank bonus to add +1 str to his impact hits, thus taking away any armor save I would get from my Core troops in most cases. It is impossible to compete in Combat res when he averages 10 wounds in impact hits alone on charges.

If I ever do wound a chariot, or kil some it never matters as he brings them back. btw this is me moping, bear with me hehe.

As far as I can tell from the rulebooks and his book this is how it works however and I simply need to come up with a strategy to take his 1000 points of chariots down.

Someone, anyone prove me wrong please?

p.s. sorry is i spelled the name of TK lore wrong, they have crazy names.

Mozzamanx
09-03-2012, 19:08
Your opponent is absolutely correct. There are some limits on restoring models, but in this situation you are playing it correctly.

- Characters, plus any Chariot or Sphinx ridden by a Character, cannot be restored at all.
- Constructs, meaning the regular Sphinx, Ushabti and Knights, restore 1 wound *per phase*. This means healing them is very rarely a significant deal.
- All other units, including Tomb Guard, Skeletons and Chariots, will restore D3+1. It is entirely acceptable to restore 2 Chariots with a single cast, and they are generally the best target for healing in the army.

Sexiest_hero
09-03-2012, 19:31
Let him hit a steadfast unit then flank him. and watch your troubles crumble away!

tarrym
09-03-2012, 20:30
Let him hit a steadfast unit then flank him. and watch your troubles crumble away!

Agreed. I am a TK player myself, and chariots are a "glass cannon" unit. They may hit really hard, but they just can't stand up to large blocks of infantry on their own. If he's spending 1000pts on chariots, then he's not spending much on something else. Try taking stuff that inflicts multiple wounds per hit (artillery, magic weapons, etc) or just large units of infantry...who cares if you lose 10 out of 50 empire spearmen, you're going to wipe out a unit of chariots pretty shortly after.

jtrowell
12-03-2012, 13:31
Also, note that he can only heal units targeted by an augment spell from the TK lore.

The domain spell is the only one working in a bubble by default, and it doesn't target engaged units.

The main spell you must dispel is the smiting (+1A), it is very powerful on chariots (each chariot gaining 4 attacks, two for the crew and 2 for the horses), and the augmented version target all friendly units in 24'', but appart from that, the only other spell with such a range is the boosted killing blow spell, and the boost only increase the range, it still only target one unit only.

Also, using your own cavalry or other fast units can be a way to get the charge on the chariots, preventing them from getting the impact hits.

Akusho6
13-03-2012, 18:53
Also, note that he can only heal units targeted by an augment spell from the TK lore.

The domain spell is the only one working in a bubble by default, and it doesn't target engaged units.

The main spell you must dispel is the smiting (+1A), it is very powerful on chariots (each chariot gaining 4 attacks, two for the crew and 2 for the horses), and the augmented version target all friendly units in 24'', but appart from that, the only other spell with such a range is the boosted killing blow spell, and the boost only increase the range, it still only target one unit only.

Also, using your own cavalry or other fast units can be a way to get the charge on the chariots, preventing them from getting the impact hits.

Thank you everyone again for all your responses and enlightenment as always.
Jtrowell, am I to understand when you say domain spell you mean the TK lore's signature spell "something something incantation of desert wind" that lets all units in range take an extra move in the charge sub phase of movement? We have been playing at even engaged units have been healing regardless of whether or not the take the movement since they were a successful target of an augment spell... Which could be why I have been having sucha hard time playing against my TK buddy. And yes I agree, Ptra's smiting is ridiculous. He plays 50-70 archers with Khalida for an unmodifiable bs 4 with poison, which close to takes out any of my squads he aims at, or cripples them so they are worthless against his chariots. And he casts the smiting spell onthem for double shots.

Skywave
14-03-2012, 04:03
That's right, the signature spell, incantation of the desert wind, target only unengaged units, those in combat can't benefit from the spell effect or the lore attribute (aka no healing with it if you are in combat).

T10
14-03-2012, 06:24

Why is that?

Augment spells can be cast at friendly units in close combat, and I've not noticed any further restriction on that signature spell.

Are you saying that because the unit cannot make use of the free move allowed by the spell, they do not count as targeted? If actually making a move is a requirement (it is not!) then surely units that choose not to move will not be healed either.

-T10

Skywave
14-03-2012, 07:16
Why is that?

Augment spells can be cast at friendly units in close combat, and I've not noticed any further restriction on that signature spell.

Are you saying that because the unit cannot make use of the free move allowed by the spell, they do not count as targeted? If actually making a move is a requirement (it is not!) then surely units that choose not to move will not be healed either.

-T10

No, it's because the spell specifically say that it "target all unengaged friendly units", therefore can't be used to heal units in close combat.

T10
14-03-2012, 08:26
Aha! Thank you. It appears that I have a blind spot for words.

-T10

Akusho6
14-03-2012, 16:34
No, it's because the spell specifically say that it "target all unengaged friendly units", therefore can't be used to heal units in close combat.

O wow, this will make a HUGE difference in our battles. Thanks much for pointing this out to me.

hazmiter
15-03-2012, 02:45
Multi wound weapons, dispelling augments, use lore of shadows to debuff, lore of light to deal more damage.
Try snipe his general w insta death spells or weapons.
Watch them crumble.

Akusho6
15-03-2012, 21:17
Multi wound weapons, dispelling augments, use lore of shadows to debuff, lore of light to deal more damage.
Try snipe his general w insta death spells or weapons.
Watch them crumble.

Im O&G player so the cool lores are forbidden to me. Although I have started buying warmachines for just this occasion.