PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Bonebreaker Idea

Lord Squidar
10-03-2012, 09:14
Hi Guys,

Well I am looking for something to work on as a conversion idea, and I would like a rat ogre bonebreaker. Now I personally dont like the idea of a warlord riding anything into battle, I much prefer the Thanquol and Boneripper approach, the warlord uses the bonebreaker as a meat shield and stabs out with a longer weapon from the rear.

Now I have looked at several models for this purpose, and am thinking of using a dark eldar grotesque.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440232a&prodId=prod1190036a

He is big, bulky, has lots of wires and pipes going into his flesh and looks like something clan moulder would have hobbled together. His left hand (with the claw) looks sufficiently skaveny, and the right hand can have a meat cleaver kind of thing. The only part that doesnt fit in too well is the head and perhaps the little hand sticking out the back, easily solved with a replacement spike or tentacle or something. The head is a different story, I would almost like to replace it with an ogre head (if I can find a spare one) or something else?

What do people think of this idea? Is it cool that is more of an ogre bodyguard gone wrong as opposed to a rat ogre broken into being ridden.

Kayosiv
10-03-2012, 09:32
I feel like the Clawfiend is a lot more skaveny, but it doesn't have all those cool techno-bits attached to it either. The conversion could absolutely work, but I'd argue that you also have to add some fur and add different feet.

If it is however just a Warlord riding a subjugated and mutated/enhanced ogre with the exact stats of a rat ogre bone-breaker... well that's really convenient and easy. =)

boli
10-03-2012, 11:21
if you get a rat ogre / giant rat kit it comes with several spare heads and arms :)

Engekomkommer
10-03-2012, 11:24
Bought the rat ogre box? That has spare heads...
*Edit* someone beat me to it...
Anyway, I think this is actually a really good idea...
Replace both hands and the head.. add tail... Might steal this idea for myself!

Lord Squidar
10-03-2012, 15:32
I know the rat ogre box set has extra heads in it BUT I already own 10 rat ogres, I definately can't justify getting another 2 on top of that. I dont know who else to swop with sadly.

The more I think about it the more this model is begging for it. Fur covering some of the places and an adjustment to the feet and it will be perfectly skaveny.

Grey Seer Kwokka
11-03-2012, 00:22
I've seen one on another forum that was modified from a Minotaur kit to have a gorilla-like look.

Have a looksie. (http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_UnderEmpire/topic/8805081/1/)

Pavisel
11-03-2012, 03:37
Wow! that Minotaur rat ogre conversion is amazing!! much better than my krootox rat-ox! but mine was a very easy conversion - rat ogre head, two extra arms and a green stuffed tail. oh, and some random horns added to the head which really contributes to the 'ox' part of the rat-ox look. then a balsa board platform, the old warlord, and a few extra bits, knives, 'warplock pistol' from the kroot accessory sprue, and of course, a few skulls! :D

Col. Tartleton
11-03-2012, 18:39
How about the Brood horror from FW?

semper_fi
11-03-2012, 19:30
check my blog ... ther is an easy converion