PDA

View Full Version : A possible use for the Fleshborer hive?

Vampiric16
10-03-2012, 13:39
Now let's not beat around the bush; the fleshborer hive is one of the most pointless options in the game (mount on a 250pt T-Fex or get 20 Termagants for 100pts, bit of a no brainer). However, the actual model for it is pretty nice IMO, and a pretty interesting representation of the weapon.
Rather than waste it, I thought about what else it could work as. Then I recalled several articles on this very website discussing how Carnifexes look a bit silly with 4 devourers (which is one of the few good build for them atm) as the arms were very small. The fleshborer hive is the perfect solution: it's suitably large enough to count as two devourers, and means the carnifex isn't left with stubby arms. Pop some mawloc claws in the free slot, and hey presto, you've got yourself a pretty intimidating gribbly.
So what do you think? Am I nuts or am I on to something?

wascloud
10-03-2012, 13:50
Sounds awesome to me, now go make it happen, and give us lovely pics to drool over! :D

Draconis
10-03-2012, 14:20
Nice, I like that idea a lot. Another option I was thinking of is putting them in the middle set of legs, this would make the T-fex beefier and more tank like to show the 2+ save.

WildWeasel
10-03-2012, 16:41
One of my friends used the hive as the front legs of a tervigon, essentially an extension of its stinger salvo. It actually helps the tervigon look a little more distinctive, and not as much a dedicated CC bug.

Vampiric16
10-03-2012, 17:25
I plan to do this with my Tervigon and T-Fex conversions (carnifex base), as I've just replaced them with the new kits. Once I strip off the greenstuff and bitz I'll try this out and post results. I like the stinger salvo idea!