PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign looking for opinions

'IllBillyOrk
11-03-2012, 19:28
Me and freind are starting up a campaign. The initial batlle will be a 300 pts Kill Team typer match. i roll Orks and my buddy has Chaos Marines. The idea is my Orks led by Warlord Big'Gutz just took a planet on the the verge of Imperium controlled area, one with very lucrative Forge Worlds to take. My Orks are still getting their WAAAGGHH!! going but Chaos has ideas of using this paticular planet as a jumping point for a Crusade into Imperial Space. So the kill team first battle will have my Orks on erratic patrols (more like they're just racing around ther settlement) while Chaos has an insertion team to take the small outpost to pen the way for more of their dropships and troops. Rules Chaos first turn, Night fighting for Orks first turn, Scatter Dice dropped for Ork unit movement first turn (to show random ork patrols). Night fighting ends when Orks are either shot at, start of 2nd turn (represent either a grot or squig or random ork spotted dem spikey boyz), or Ork unit is within 6" of Chaos unit, Ork rolls for a 3+ if passed night fighting ends and Orks get to Krumpin'.

So this is the idea i had to start just wanted to get some opinions on if it sounds fun or intersting or if its a crappy idea.

Oppressor
11-03-2012, 20:20
I think it sounds like you know what you're doing. Have fun!! One question though, wasn't this a rulebook scenario a couple editions ago?

'IllBillyOrk
11-03-2012, 23:04
Kinda in the Battle missions book it lays out how to play Kill Teams and some of the Army scenarios gave me ideas. As far as editions ago i wouldnt kno i just started playing in 4th Ed.