Red Fury
Beguile
Dread Knight
Sword of Bloodshed
Dragonbane Gem
Potion of Strength

Master Necromancer
Channeling Staff

Vampire (level 2, Battle Standard Bearer)
Aura of Dark Majesty
Fear Incarnate
Armour of Silvered Steel

27 Skeleton Warriors (full command)
Screaming Banner

40 Ghouls (Ghast)

2 Fell Bats
2 Fell Bats
2 Fell Bats
1 Spirit Host
1 Spirit Host
1 Spirit Host
3 Vargheists

Varghulf
Varghulf
Terrorgheist

So, all characters go in Skellies, 5 wide, 6 deep. Necro goes in row 2. Ghouls go horde.

All specials are there to steal time, to redirect, to hold. Even Vargheists, perhaps the best, but mostly for the kicks.

Varghulves in pair work wonders. Terrorgheist is there either to draw much fire or mess everything up.

So what do you think? All comments are welcome.

Jagosaja
12-03-2012, 16:30
Noone cares to demolish my list? :D

EndlessBug
12-03-2012, 16:35
Not enough skeletons, as u haven't taken the ability to raise above starting size. Bat swarms might ne worth considering.

You're not taking their nasty arcane items? No dispel scroll?

Jagosaja
12-03-2012, 23:42
Thanks for the reply!

The reason I didn't take more skeletons is because I haven't got more models :(

What do you suggest, how should I change my characters? Idea is to have one good caster, one good fighter and one supporter - all roles accomplished, but I am restricted by points.

Gaargod
13-03-2012, 00:26
If you're taking armour of silvered steel on the Vampire hero, why haven't you taken advantage of his free hand? May as well give him an additional hand weapon/great weapon.
Saying that, personally I think i'd give him Heavy armour, enchanted shield, talisman of 4+ ward save (otherwise known as preservation). 3+/4++ is annoying to get through, and stops someone high strength walking over a basically auto-killing him. Ish.

Cursed Book or Book of Arkhan not work better for your master necro than channelling? More expensive, sure, but better.

Do you really need 6 fell bats? Or more accurately, 6 fellbats and 3 spirit hosts and 3 vargheists? Seems like overkill.

Be aware the enemy can force the necro into the front rank simply by killing the champion? I admit, it'd take a canny opponent to decide to dedicate attacks against him when the ghoul king is attempting to eat the entire enemy unit alive in one go, but not every game is decided by one combat. He has literally no protection of any kind, besides being in the 2nd rank, so any sort of sniping at him, whether in combat or by the actual sniper rule, means he's dead. End of discussion.

EndlessBug
13-03-2012, 10:25
I agree with Gaargod, VC chaff is good. but you've got too much. drop a couple of the units and use the points to invest in more protection for the Master Necro and a nice arcane item. Swap out the channeling staff for the rod of flaming death.

agree on the vamps items too. armour of silvered steel is pretty pricey for what it does.

if u can, id buy another 10 skellies.

Jagosaja
13-03-2012, 17:00
Thanks guys for the comments.

I removed one unit of bats and switched Armour of Silvered Steel for Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield and Heavy Armour. 3+/4++ is better than 2+/

Now I am a bit puzzled about what to do with lord choices. As the army is worth 2400, I have 600 points at disposal for lord characters. Strigoi Ghoul King, as he is now, costs 420 points, and if I remove anything from him he loses his combat potential. Now, I could switch +3A sword for +2A sword and save additional 20 points, but I would lose combat potential.

What do you think, should I do that and then switch Channeling Staff for Cursed Book? Necro will not be protected but he will have more tactical value.

As for the skellies, I unfortunately don't have any more models, and I don't plan buying more anytime soon.

EndlessBug
13-03-2012, 23:43
bats have to be in units of 2 anyway dont they? so you should free up 2 bats worth of points, which i think allows u to get the vamp upgrade and also to upgrade the channelling staff?

Jagosaja
14-03-2012, 06:07
True, disposal of one unit of bats allows me to upgrade the vamp hero, but the total sum for lords is capped at 600, so when I put Strigoi Ghoul King into the calculation, the amount I have left is max 180 points. Which leaves bare Necro lord with 15 points at disposal, no matter what I do with other units. The only way to make him better is to make Strigoi weaker, and that is the problem - how to make the compromise :(

EndlessBug
14-03-2012, 08:43
Drop dread knight? It forces him to go into challenges. Which can sometimes be your undoing.