PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Chaos Decimator

Novafix
12-03-2012, 15:03
I do quite like the look of this bad boy and can see one being purchased in the not too distant future.

Linky (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CHAOS_DECIMATOR_DAEMON_ENGINE.html)

Experimental rules are up.

Discuss!

Novafix
12-03-2012, 15:08
Ah a thread already up about this.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?335886-Chaos-decimator-daemon-engine&p=6129593#post6129593

Fire deletion lasers when ready Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Mod.

Ozendorph
12-03-2012, 18:02

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?335886-Chaos-decimator-daemon-engine&p=6129593#post6129593

Actually, deleting this thread wouldn't necessarily be a great idea. The thread you pointed to is in News and Rumours, which is heavily moderated. Here, people can talk about their lists and other codex choices relative to the Decimator without inviting the Stark Fist of Stay On Topic

Endemion
12-03-2012, 18:28
Could see that making a very tasty IW daemon prince.

Chem-Dog
12-03-2012, 18:43
That thing is secksie. We're hearing rumours of "Daemon Engines" in the upcoming CSM codex, I wonder if this hombre could stand in for anything in that category. If not it'd be worth it as a big mutha dreadnought at least.

Tay051173096
12-03-2012, 18:55
I really like the new mark effects.

Its a hard choice with rerolls, grenades or (my favorite from a fluff point of veiw) it won't die damn it.

I will probably get three for my legion, I wonder if there will be more of these?

P.s the weapons are nice to...

carlisimo
12-03-2012, 19:53
Wait a minute… Decimators are supposed to be super-heavy tanks with a massive gun, not walkers!

Satan
12-03-2012, 20:06
As stated in other thread the experimental rules don't award it 2d6 Armour Penetration. Which is odd. A sign of things to come?

Lord Damocles
12-03-2012, 20:11
You hear that?

That's the sound of a Chaos Dreadnought crying itself to sleep.

ColShaw
12-03-2012, 20:32
That is a very pretty model. Priced not utterly unreasonably, too.

Vampiric16
12-03-2012, 20:35
It's very Warmachine in here...

Nubl0
12-03-2012, 21:00
Yup bipedal "hunched" mechs are an original creation of PP don't ya know :p

Annnyway, I don't even own a chaos army but I will be picking one of these up asap.

melgorth
12-03-2012, 22:09
As stated in other thread the experimental rules don't award it 2d6 Armour Penetration. Which is odd. A sign of things to come?
Do the siege claws not give it 2D6 armour penetration when they are equipped?

Edit: Ah right just saw its 2D6 and pick the highest, my mistake sorry!

Lucious
12-03-2012, 22:21
This DE is rather pathetic imo, the only viable option is to take the Nurgle option and sit at the back of the field and shoot, any thing else is gimping your self. Armour 12/11/11 is rediculous at best, WS, BS and I are to low ( Where the incentive to use this for Khorne ). This is big model that is going to be hard to put into position for a cover save or to put behind cover so it cannot be shot ( Just like the Defiler ) and in today's army list's this thing will be blowin to shreads by turn 2 if it has any mark other than Nurgle. Also it is Str 8, wtf?! This wouldnt be so bad if it had re-rolls to hit instead of to wound. I dont see any reason why you would take a CC variant, firstly because it will not make it across the field before it dies, secondly it will hit last most of the time if it can hit anything at all in the 1st place, it will have a hard time against any other walker in the game and it will be near impossible to kill any thing with armour 14.

I love the model but the rules are horrible for anyone that does not take the Nurgle upgrade.

Ozendorph
12-03-2012, 22:31
Just ordered mine, bought it with 2x claws and a butcher cannon (go go magnets). I know I'll get at least one more...first guy is going to Khorne because it's just going to look ace. Second will go Nurgle for maximum unkillability. Good day for the forces of chaos.

Nubl0
12-03-2012, 22:32
Agreed, and just considering its fluff and sheer size... the rules seem weak as hell, far too easy to kill.

Kevlar
12-03-2012, 22:59
I really like the new mark effects.

"New" marks? Hah, this is the first book that didn't have marked vehicles.

Soupcat
12-03-2012, 23:12
Im really curious how well he will mesh with my deamon codex, being forced to deep strike to get accross the feild quickly might make the CC version viable

Bonzai
12-03-2012, 23:41
Lol, first thing that came to mind was 3 of them for an iron warriors list; warsmith (chaos Lord), 2 CSM squads in rhinos, 3x Decimators with 2 butcher Cannons each, 3x 3 Oblits. Have the Decimators walk behind the rhino's for cover.

The models are ....Ok. The rules are great! My main gripe? You can get a double butcher cannon Decimator for the exact same cost as a bare bones Chaos Contemptor. Why would anyone go with a Contemptor now?

Gazak Blacktoof
12-03-2012, 23:45
It's a nice model, but I'd rather have a blight drone or khorne blood slaughterer.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rear hatch, which matches with the one on the blood slaughterer. I'd rather see every component of a daemon engine be unique, but I suppose they're manufactured just like any other machine.

RunepriestRidcully
12-03-2012, 23:46
I dunno, am thinking of getting either a contemptor or one of these in a few months after first year exams as a treat for myself, h.to go with my Thousand sons, not sure which though

Chem-Dog
12-03-2012, 23:58
Having had a chance to review the rules, it's quite interesting. Heavy flamer hits on models within penetrated Vehicles/Buildings is incredibly nasty and unholy vigour makes it an absolute must to score that essential 6 on the damage chart.
The armour is a wee bit on the weedy side though, I'd at least pump the side armour up a pip.

Anyway, one of these may just find it's way into my new edition new (chaos) army.

Oh, and Forgeworld, stop pussy-footing about with Dreadnought++ walkers and make us some Adeptus Mechanicus Knights! :D

Ozendorph
13-03-2012, 00:21
Having had a chance to review the rules, it's quite interesting. Heavy flamer hits on models within penetrated Vehicles/Buildings is incredibly nasty

So, out of curiosity, if you have 2x Siege Claws, do you deal out 2d6 heavy flamer hits on embarked units?

New Cult King
13-03-2012, 00:23
Could see that making a very tasty IW daemon prince.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's awesome.

Cthell
13-03-2012, 00:37
So, out of curiosity, if you have 2x Siege Claws, do you deal out 2d6 heavy flamer hits on embarked units?

Looking at the wording, I'd say no

When the Decimator inflicts a penetrating hit on a building or transport vehicle carrying embarked troops, the unit inside suffers D6 Heavy Flamer hits in addition to any Damage inflicted.

It's the phrase "the Decimator", specifically the the, that means that you don't get bonus D6 for a second claw (instead you get an additional attack)

However, you do get 1D6 flamer hits for each penetrating hit inflicted, which, combined with a mark of Khorne, offers a potential maximum of 8D6 heavy flamer hits on the occupants of any transport with a rear armour of less than 14. Should thin out the herd somewhat

*EDIT* make that 6D6 hits; got the attack characteristics mixed up with dual butcher-cannon shots for some bizzare reason */EDIT*

Ozendorph
13-03-2012, 00:42
Cool. How do you come up with 8 hits though? 4 base attacks (that's with two claws), and +2 attacks when assaulting (MoK). If there's some way to get an additional 2 attacks, I want to know about it ;)

Cthell
13-03-2012, 00:45
Cool. How do you come up with 8 hits though? 4 base attacks (that's with two claws), and +2 attacks when assaulting (MoK). If there's some way to get an additional 2 attacks, I want to know about it ;)

Temporary loss of mathematical ability.

Ozendorph
13-03-2012, 00:47
Damn, I was hoping I was wrong. But hey, 6d6 heavy flamer hits is still a hell of a bbq

Techboss
13-03-2012, 01:10
Let's see.

- Guard level WS, BS and I; so worse than a regular dreadnaught
- Strength 8, not 10 with the close combat weapons; worse than a regular dreadnaught
- Equivalent armor as a regular dread and no structure points
- All the weapon options are worse for anti-armor than a dread
- The butcher cannon is the only thing that looks fun, but sucks against MEQs and may be moderate against armor

Other than the fact that Chaos dreads are unpredictable, I can't see any reason to take this in an army.

It also looks like a Khador Juggy or Destroyer. Glad to PP is making an impression on GW.

MajorWesJanson
13-03-2012, 05:05
It also looks like the Mk II Warlord mixed with a Defiler.

Only real complain is at that size, it really should be on a Large Oval base, as a counterpart to the Dreadknight. Which it would make a nice stand in for anyone running Tzeentch Armies with GK books.

As for battlefield role, it is roughly like a Rifleman Dread. Mid strength shooting. Don't think of it as a heavy dreadnought, it is meant to be a lighter defiler.

New Cult King
13-03-2012, 06:18
I really don't care about the rules for it, I would be using it as something else entirely.

t-tauri
13-03-2012, 07:07

Thread closed. Duplicates existing.