PDA

View Full Version : Converting fantasy daemons for use in 40k

Magicafiend
13-03-2012, 22:20
I have a large fantasy daemon army that I want to begin using in 40k(because 8th edition bores me to tears). Any advice for changing square bases to round bases? In friendly games no one has minded the square bases but I would like to bring them to tourneys eventually and I doubt square bases would fly in most tournament settings. Is my best option to hack the bases off and rebase or should I do something else?

Gig
13-03-2012, 22:27
You could clip the square bases down to a size that they fit on the round ones you could then paint the former square base to make it look like rocks, or other turrain the daemons are standing on.

Gerod253
13-03-2012, 22:33
Or why not use magnets and a bit of metal to attach the round bases to the bottom of your square bases for the big stuff? Then you can just pull the round bases off when you want to play a game of fantasy again. :)

Not sure about the smaller bases though. Might want to consider rebasing.

Magicafiend
13-03-2012, 22:35
That's a decent idea, everything would be a couple extra mm off the table though.

Darnok
13-03-2012, 22:37
Bases are supposed to be as large or larger than the original bases of the model. As square bases are larger than the corresponding circle ones, you have no "legal" problems. If you want to do it for aesthetics, there is really nothing better than cutting those square bases apart and rebase every single model.