PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Empire

DivineVisitor
14-03-2012, 08:54
Thought i'd churn out one final list to use until the new book is released, decided to limit myself on the War machine front and try out some MSU Knights to see how they fare. Common opponents should be: Beastmen, Bretonians, Chaos Daemons, Dark Elves, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos... though i guess thats the vast majority of armies out there :D

Arch Lector
War Altar, Shield
Mace of Helstrum, Dawn Armour

Wizard Lord
Lv4, Shadow
Holy Relic, Rod of Power

Captain
BSB, Greatweapon, Pistol
AoMI, Dawnstone

Engineer

49 Halberdiers
FC, 20 Halberdiers, 5 Archers

49 Halberdiers
FC, 20 Halberdiers, 5 Archers

6 Knights
Musician

6 Knights
Musician

30 Flagellants

Mortar
Cannon
Helstorm Rocket Battery

Total
=2500

Asuryan's Spear
14-03-2012, 10:13
an interesting list. maybe a little of eggs in one basket syndrome. but then what list isnt in 8th. don't envy you painting 140 Halberdiers

DivineVisitor
14-03-2012, 13:41
an interesting list. maybe a little of eggs in one basket syndrome. but then what list isnt in 8th. don't envy you painting 140 Halberdiers

Ha neither do i, they've been sitting unpainted for a while but i know il get round to it eventually when i get the time.

Wesser
14-03-2012, 15:11
Bit vulnerable to scenario's this one.

Rather few banners for Blood n' glory and no good unit to put in Watchtower (if you slash the flaggies down to 20 then they'd do the job though).

Apart from this it's a good army. Against Elves you'll have to be lucky with the mortar and Hellstorm though or spearmen will stomp your army. But okay, Empire dont like elves under any circumstances.....

scubasteve04
14-03-2012, 16:34
Solid list. I would drop the hellstrom and engineer for another mortar and cannon. Also look closely at the captain bsb entry; you may not take a great weapon or pistol.

DivineVisitor
15-03-2012, 01:24
Solid list. I would drop the hellstrom and engineer for another mortar and cannon. Also look closely at the captain bsb entry; you may not take a great weapon or pistol.

My community allows mundane gear on all BSB's as lets face it it's daft the more recent armies can while the older ones are forced to go without.

Jerry
17-03-2012, 09:33
Those halberdiers would work a lot better with a cheap Warrior Priest: 30 attacks hitting on 4s=15 hits, 30 attacks hitting on 4s with a reroll= 22.5 hits that's a 50% increase in effectiveness and an extra dispel dice for 90pts. I recommend dropping the halberdier detachments and FC and getting swordsmen detachments instead they're much more durable at WS4 with 5+ armour and a 6+ parry meaning its more likely they'll survive with atleast a rank to negate steadfast and give you a +1 for CR. Also I recommend 2 cannons and 2 mortars or hellstorms + 2 engineers and put your engineers with whatever you need to perform the most, ie if your facing a squishy horde army you'd put the 2 engineers with the template war machines whereas if you were facing a monster heavy army you'd place them with your cannons.
Also, steam tanks have been FAQ'd into a chariot so you can take one whilst limiting your warmachines :)

P.S then again I recommend my advice with a beach of salt as my empire have been doing extremely poorly this year...
You know something's wrong when your winning more with brets than your cheese'd out lore of life +war altar +steam tank empire...