PDA

View Full Version : RC Lego Land Raider. Wow.

insectum7
15-03-2012, 08:40
It's true. Some crafty fellow built a motorized Land Raider out of Legos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qEx2LQY_1W0

Pretty amazingly well done if you ask me. If only there was some sort of kit, color choices, and optional spikes. . .

DietDolphin
15-03-2012, 08:46
Loved it when he ran over the ork stuff :D

Check this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olz3VBzAWm) out too

Beppo1234
15-03-2012, 09:22
awesome, I wonder how it scales up to the actual kit... I'd totally go for a lego version.

Kevlar
15-03-2012, 10:57
it is 3x the size so doesn't fit the tabletop. Still very neat design. I had no idea legos were so advanced but I looked up some. All sorts of motorized lego heavy equipment kits with tracks and moveable cranes and stuff so probably not too hard to kit bash one with a normal sized raider.

Kado69
15-03-2012, 11:34
I want one of them! Looks awesome and would be fun to tank shock units with it! Move your men or my motorised tank will actually run over them :)

Bunnahabhain
15-03-2012, 12:33
Motorised tanks on the table are fun. I've got one, a Macharius ( I.G. 2 S.P. super heavy) based on a 1:35 Tiger kit, so not much larger than a stock land raider. That gets a good response first time people see it.....

Doesn't move as fast as that one though. Much hard work has clearly gone into it...

Gingerwerewolf
15-03-2012, 14:40
Utterly Amazing! Superb work!

Oh and the plural of Lego is Lego. Its like Fish, Sheep, or Deer, there is no need to add the "s" at the end. Legos is just plain wrong!

kasrkinsquad
15-03-2012, 16:28
GW and Lego need to make official warhammer fantasy and 40k. The levels of awesomeness of that partnership would be be eclipsed by Lego Star Wars.

de Selby
15-03-2012, 16:53
It coped fine with the orks but nearly failed its dangerous terrain test on the tablecloth. Illustrates why suspension and ground clearance are actually good things...

Anyway, awesome.

DietDolphin
16-03-2012, 00:17
Oh and the plural of Lego is Lego. Its like Fish, Sheep, or Deer, there is no need to add the "s" at the end. Legos is just plain wrong!

But I've lots of legos and Warhammers, not just one :p

Toadius80
16-03-2012, 00:51
That's cool. I want one :-)

Sent from my God Like Device using TapaTalk

Hrw-Amen
16-03-2012, 18:09
I would second that it is just LEGO regardless of how much you have. (I have tons of it.)

It looks like a good build though, I quite like the predator as well which was equally as good.

Would be fantastic if LEGO and GW teamed up to do a range, my two modelling hobbies combined!

Gingerwerewolf
19-03-2012, 18:25

*Shudders*

Hokiecow
19-03-2012, 18:38

LOL :D

Has the creator posted how he made the Landraider? I've seen the pictures of each stage of the LR but not ehat parts where used and from what kits.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Gondrak
19-03-2012, 22:39
thats really cool!

igwarlord
20-03-2012, 17:42
Which is correct as the plural of LEGO: 'Lego' or 'Legos'? Neither, actually. The word 'LEGO', when used as a noun, should only refer to the company that makes the product. Otherwise 'LEGO' is supposed to be used as an adjective. Thus, when referring to the pieces, neither 'lego' nor 'legos' is correct... rather one should say: 'LEGO bricks' or 'LEGO pieces' or whatever (using LEGO as an adjective -- and one should really capitalize all of the letters, and put the little 'circle-R' symbol after it ()). This is all a matter of protecting the trademark of 'LEGO' for the company (using it otherwise degenerates the strength of the trademark).

Taken from the LEGO forum