PDA

View Full Version : Black Legion Heat 1 Army

Heero-Severus
26-04-2006, 21:49
This is gonna be my project log for a Black Legion army for Heat one, at this point I would like to state "Lavfluris made me do it". He threatened me with walking the plank!!

Heres the basic list for what i need to do by September.

Lieutenant with MoCU Power Sword, Strength and Termie Armour
6 Terminators with MoCU, 2 Chainfists and 2 Reapers

8 Possessed with MoCU and Daemonic Talons in Rhino with Ex and Smoke

6 CSM with MoCU, and 2 Plas
6 CSM with MoCU, and 2 Plas
8 CSM with MoCU, 2 Meltaguns and Champ with Fist in a Rhino with Ex and
Smoke
6 Daemonettes

6 Raptors with MoCU and two Meltaguns

8 CSM Havocs with MoCU with 4 HB's
Predator with Lass, HB's, Ex and Smoke
Predator with Lass, HB's, Ex and Smoke

Now some people may think, omg he just gave his tourney list away, where as others will know that even with the element of suprise im as enept at 40k as a puppy with no eyes!

First up on the bench will be the possessed squad, followed by the 2 6 man squads of CSM. These will all be made in the next 3 weeks for a small series of games Lavfluris and myself shall me having.

Ive started tonite and did a very quick prototype of the possessed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/proto.jpg

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Im quite happy with how he has turned out, a very easy simple conversion that definitely fulfills WYSIWYG criteria. It has a very DOOM like feel to it.

Anyways I hope you enjoy this log and step by step i will fill you in with each squad and there place and fluff in the army.

Cheers

Heero

squigsnok
26-04-2006, 22:09
That guy rocks! I may be shamelessly stealing it for my army...

I especially like the pose you've got him in there. Hunched and ready to pounce, as a possessed should be.

Just one minor point: is that a mould line i spy on his head, or is that where you've removed it?

ExquisiteEvil
26-04-2006, 22:13
Love the possessed (MUCH better than the HORRIBLE GW metal ones coming soon...)

Only Critisism would be to make the head a little less obvious - as far as it looks like a powerarmoured genestealer...

A little GS goes a long way!

Lavfluris
26-04-2006, 22:19
Just one minor point: is that a mould line i spy on his head, or is that where you've removed it?It's a mock model, so tidyness is not important.

Heero-Severus
26-04-2006, 22:24
Just one minor point: is that a mould line i spy on his head, or is that where you've removed it?

The featured model is just the prototype, so moudlines,bad joins and non existent basing will occur. but all that being said im rather happy with him, and may give him the full clean up works

Only Critisism would be to make the head a little less obvious - as far as it looks like a powerarmoured genestealer...

A little GS goes a long way!

yeah, i was thinking that myself, altho the other heads i was gonna file down the head so that their are no eyes, altho i hadnt planned on the increased width at the back of the head. I was thinking maybe tentacles, but then it would be very easy to mistake them for some dreadlocks. What suggestions do you have with the GS?

Feel free to use my idea, although im sure people have probubly done it before, just dont let me see u at Heat 1 with them ;) hehe i wanna be the coolest kid on the block :D

ExquisiteEvil
26-04-2006, 23:07
Well you asked...

Take off the 'bulbous' part of the head(modeling knif or clippers) - use the GS to turn it into more of a 'neck'...

Make use of the overly large nostril -they become the 'eyes'...

Maybe add horns just above the new 'face' protruding from the boney crest..

Does that make sense?

should look suitably daemonic rather than 'alien'...

ZAChos
26-04-2006, 23:10
File down the top of the head entirely so there is no crest or eyes. Also move the top jaw back a bit/the bottom jaw forward as this looks really freaky.

squigsnok
26-04-2006, 23:28
The featured model is just the prototype, so moudlines,bad joins and non existent basing will occur. but all that being said im rather happy with him, and may give him the full clean up works

yeah. I should probably read the post instead of just skipping to the pretty pictures shouldnt I?

I have to agree with ZAChos' jaw idea. Now THAT would look freaky and mutated.

ssorck
26-04-2006, 23:32
Got to say - I like him the way he is actually....

Cheatah
26-04-2006, 23:33
Me likes... me likes a lot!!

Heero-Severus
26-04-2006, 23:46
Well you asked...

Take off the 'bulbous' part of the head(modeling knif or clippers) - use the GS to turn it into more of a 'neck'...

Make use of the overly large nostril -they become the 'eyes'...

Maybe add horns just above the new 'face' protruding from the boney crest..

Does that make sense?

should look suitably daemonic rather than 'alien'...

Sounds interesting i will take a few bits from that and try it out tommorow, thanks :D

PariahMagnus
27-04-2006, 05:36
Whoa! That looks awsome! I never thought of using tyranids :O

Lavfluris
27-04-2006, 11:39
should look suitably daemonic rather than 'alien'...Almost all within the Imperium could not tell the difference, so I think the conversion is already more than suitable.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to fighting alongside and the against your emerging Black Legion in a few weeks time. I pity the Tau players and Space Wolves player who will also be playing against and then alongside us. ;)

cookiescrumble
27-04-2006, 14:14
As usual very inspirational.

Heero-Severus
30-04-2006, 15:46
Big old update here....

Between playing "Guitar hero" "Guildwars Factions" & "counterstike Source" modelling has been quite tough, so i set aside today to get a few bits done. Mainly getting the Proto Possessed with the greenstuff on, to give him a lil bit of neck, not so fat a head, and smooth over the top.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/gs.jpg

I then decided to work on a proto for the raptors, im not much of a fan of the metals, and thought somthing a little closer to the Imperial perspective of jumptroops would be good. Unfortunatly my field isnt in dynanisism (spelling?) and i dont have much of a John Woo vibe going on, but saying that im happy with the pose on this model. I think its obvious that the inspiration comes from Rich123.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/protorap.jpg

I also decided to get my first Chaos Space Marine squad started, and get the donkey work out of the way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/buildcsm1.jpg

No proto's necessary for them, as they are normall out of the box models. Lots of cleaning and bits to be done.

Oh and my desk has resumed its collection of sprue, as 2 boxes of CSM 1 box of Berzerkas, 1 box of genestealers and about 6 marauder sprues made their way onto it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/deskblb.jpg

Please post comments and advice.

MIGHTYPanhead
30-04-2006, 17:08
nice, the GS on the possessed's head makes it seem less "genestealer"

the raptor looks good too, but the chainsword arm looks a bit odd. perhaps angling it downward might help?

still, looking great so far!

Lavfluris
30-04-2006, 23:21
Looking good so far. :cool:

I still reckon the Possessed would look better if the claws had burst out of his gauntlets and left a tangled mess, but there we go.

Heero-Severus
30-04-2006, 23:24
With the raptor, i tried to work out what i would do if i was in that position.

So what i was trying to achieve was the raptor used the rubbel to 1 foot change direction and strafe across his target, if u imagine in the first shot he was coming towards you, then in the second he was pushing off in the direction the fist of his sword hand. He will drop 2 rounds on you then sweep down with his sword as he jets passed. Atleast thats what is happening in the strange world of (Guitar) Heero.

The possessed needs some serious sanding down, but all in time ;)

lee
08-05-2006, 21:43
:eek: wow rob looking good keep up the good work mate:)

Rabid Bunny 666
08-05-2006, 23:00
the posessed would look better if you used the 'Stealer arm from the elbow instead of the Marine arm, i did it on my Chaos Temies, and they looked cooler, its juts that the current claws looks a bit stubby on it

that raptor is AWESOME by the way, and the other marines look cool

cookiescrumble
09-05-2006, 11:42
Looking good rob. May see you at the grand tourney. Gotta sort out transport and stuff. List looks solid enough. May have problems against the power armies there, but don't we all.

Love the greenstuff on the possessed. Makes it look more reptilian then Nid. Pose is quite static though. Maybe a bit more dynamic for the rest of the squad. The squad is nice and simple and the icons are cool.

Keep up posted.

Insane Psychopath
10-05-2006, 09:49
Another Chaos army join the fight in the GT heat 1, great :D

The stuff that you got good & can not wait to see future conversion

IP

Melchiah
11-05-2006, 09:59
That rocks, i had an idea somewhat like that but i didnt know it be that sweet. :p

Lavfluris
11-05-2006, 10:14
Like me, Heero-Severus has stalled slightly with regards to assembling his army. I'm sure in time; he'll pick up the pace again for Heat One.

EDIT: Blasted spelling mistake.

Siromcyre
11-05-2006, 11:43
i think it would be cool if he was wearing a visor, alla the Arco-Flaggelant from Inquisitor, Damian IIXIXIIXXIwhatever. But warped alla chaos.

The Dragon Reborn
11-05-2006, 21:15
great looking models you have there

I am sure he is just playing guitar hero constantly as i was for the last few months but dont worry he will get sick of it, once he beats every single song on every level at 4 stars or better. that was the only way for me to quit.

how about a guitar hero update? on expert yet? or are you stuck on no one knows on hard like i was for ever

Heero-Severus
12-05-2006, 00:19
Haha, yeah im enjoying guitar hero alot. Ive got 3 more raptors bashed up, and will have the second squad done for the weekend ready to play lav on sunday.

No one knows,,,, the seed of the devil!

Heero-Severus
14-05-2006, 12:55
Ok i thought i should take some photos, between the missus, guitar hero, gaunts ghosts books, and sessions of toca3 and css, ive finally got all the raptors posed and ready for final detailing. Heres the pics.
(4x bolt pistol ccq, 2x meltagun*moddelled with ccw as it doesnt affect any rules afaik*)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rap5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rap4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rap3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rap2.jpg

Heero-Severus
14-05-2006, 12:57
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rap1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rapgroup.jpg

It may be worth noting that during the time of creation i had also fully immersed myself within the realms of marvel (Astonishing x-men, ultimate hulk vs wolverine & invinsible iron man) So in some respects to me these pose's could almost be comic frames, lemme know if you agree, or disagree and think i should get out more! :)

Scorpio
14-05-2006, 14:19
Lookin really good. I have always loved raptors though I have never played chaos. I have a chaos army on my to do list:D

-Scorpio

Lavfluris
14-05-2006, 18:39
So in some respects to me these pose's could almost be comic frames, lemme know if you agree, or disagree and think i should get out more! :)I’d agree that one or two of them are slightly exaggerated, but on the whole, I think they look excellent. The Meltapistols turned out very well.

If I were to pick a favourite, it would be this one…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/HeeroSeverus/rap4.jpg

And yes, you should get out more. ;)

cookiescrumble
14-05-2006, 19:48
Nice work rob. Looks like me and lee will be at heat one as well. Just need to pick an army...

lee
14-05-2006, 19:51
looking good rod cant wait to see the finshed army:D

pompeyladbfp
04-06-2006, 16:35
now get some paint on them.....

p.s. whats with all the pompey people here?

Lavfluris
04-06-2006, 23:48
now get some paint on them.....Heero-Severus is now working on another project, so the Black Legion will not be painted for a while.