PDA

View Full Version : DoC 2500p.

mipcap
15-03-2012, 20:51
Hi! I've started on a DoC army and and havn't played 8th ed. before (played 6th and 7th) so I'm wondering what I should put in it. Here ishat I've comme up with so far:

Lords:
Lord of change, spell destroyer, master of sorcery 610p.

Heroes:
Herald of khorne, Obsidian armour, bsb, standard of chaos glory 300p.
Herald of khorne, armour of khorne, soulhunger 140p.
Herald of tzeentch, disc, spellbreaker, daemonic robes 185p.

Core:
29 Bloodletters, full command 378p.

Rare:
5 flamers 175p
Fiend of slaaesh 55p.
Fiend of slaaesh 55p.
3 Bloodcrushers 210p

2486p.

The only thing I'm really attached to is the greater daemon and I prefer fewer models where possible for painting and moddeling purposess.
Tell me what you think, thanks/ mipcap

vinny t
15-03-2012, 21:22
The standard of chaos glory is often overshadowed by the banner of despair in a competetive environment. Stubborn isn't nearly as useful as -2 LD. Also the demonic gifts on your heroes aren't optimized. You should probably go with both heards of Khorne with the armor of Khorne and maybe a firestorm blade to cancel out regeneration. Also the tzeentch herald is best used with master of Sorceries and spellbreaker.

Your LoC is looking pretty good, I would just suggest adding power vortex onto him for some easy power dice.

Remember to pick your lores now, while making the army list. I would suggest shadow/light

mipcap
15-03-2012, 21:43
For the Lores I was thnking shadow or death based on the look of the model (I'm building my own based on this:http://mipcap.deviantart.com/art/Drawing-89-286617048)

changeing the gifts would mean freeing about 100p. that needs to be placed elsewhere, any sugestions? are furies worth taking and if so what size?

vinny t
15-03-2012, 22:08
Yeah a LoC using shadow and a HoT using Light would probably work out pretty well.

With those extra 100ish points, I would suggest adding the Masque or 5 Furies and Another Flamer

HalfBlood
15-03-2012, 23:22
Hi! I've started on a DoC army and and havn't played 8th ed. before (played 6th and 7th) so I'm wondering what I should put in it. Here ishat I've comme up with so far:

Lords:
Lord of change, spell destroyer, master of sorcery 610p.

Heroes:
Herald of khorne, Obsidian armour, bsb, standard of chaos glory 300p.
Herald of khorne, armour of khorne, soulhunger 140p.
Herald of tzeentch, disc, spellbreaker, daemonic robes 185p.

Core:

Rare:
5 flamers 175p
Fiend of slaaesh 55p.
Fiend of slaaesh 55p.
3 Bloodcrushers 210p

2486p.

The only thing I'm really attached to is the greater daemon and I prefer fewer models where possible for painting and moddeling purposess.
Tell me what you think, thanks/ mipcap

Ok lets begin:

LoC is an average Lord, however not the most competitive. If you want this to be competitive I suggest KoS, or Fateweaver. If you read fateweavers rules hes just a better LoC all around except cant do anything in CC. Some tournaments disallow named characters so if they do I suggest getting KoS with Spirit Swallower. I gurantee he will never die(unless a lame cannon/war machine D6 wounds him. To sum it up the best remember any Lord you choose can only have a 5+ ward(excep Thirster who can have a 3+ armor). This is nearly not enough to withstand 2 cannons. This is the main reason why I take Fateweaver in 2,500 points.

Your HoKs should have a maximum of armor of khorne. With a BsB Icon of Despair. Obsidian Armor just isnt worth the extra 35 points, remember you can have Obisidian Armor on HoK, or you can have Armor of Khrone + 1 Flamer model. Bsb should have Icon of Despair because its crucial that you win combat. In order to protect your fragile T 3 Bloodletters you will need all the help you can get. This includes having your opponent fail their fear tests. -2 is so devestating especially when your able to take away their BsB. Its also 50 points cheaper then your statndard of Chaos Glory making it ideally effective. It always will help you out remember the average roll on 2 dice is 7 average leadership is about 7-8. Without Bsb rerolls they will be hitting you on 5's in CC. Soulhunger is not crucial it lets you reroll to hit, however HoK normally wounds on 2's so its not needed.

Your HoT should ALWAYS have Master Sorcery. You will find that this is what people complain the most about daemons. For a point cost that costs the same as Daemonic robes, you can get any Lore with all the spells. Truely effective. The disc and Spellbreaker are Optional however when I invest in my HoT I always end up buying your build with robes replaced with MoS.

Your Bloodletters look excellent, one you should have Icon of Endless war. Charging 3 D6 on your first charge always catches your opponent by surprise.

Ok now for the rough part.

Its pretty straight foward when it comes to Core. Bloodletters are the only viable core, with Daemonettes behind them.

When it comes to Special/Rare you have a more variety of options some good, however most are bad.

Lets start with special. Your list doesnt provide any, I suggest you to bring some in. Specifically Flesh hounds, or Seekers of Slannesh. Im a big fan of Flesh hounds because they fit the theme of my Daemon listts(Khorne/Tz), but at the same time they are truely one of the most cost effective/heavy hitting flank units. With 2 A a pieace, S5 T4 and 2 wounds these guys are truely to be reckoned with. Most opponents will either ignore these guys and see what they can do, or your opponent will target priority them first because they remember what happened last time when they let the hounds lose. A good size for these are 5-6. I dont expirment with Seekers because of their low T, High Point Cost, and 1 wound for their point cost. Some people like themm because of how fast they are. Try them out you might like them.

When it comes to Rare you pretty must have 1 choice that is competitive. Flamers Flamers Flamers. These guys are excelent for their point cost, and provide some balance(shooting) to Combat daemon lists. They alsy provide some flamming attacks (ranged) to counter regen. I ALWAYS take 2 sets of 6 in my 2,500 list. Blood Crushers are too expensive for their points. They are excelent models, but when you compare 1 BloodCrusher to 2 Flesh hounds, or 2 Flamers (they have exact same cost) the 2 Flesh Hounds and the 2 Flamers outshine crusher by far. Im not a fan of Fiends because flamers take up the slot.

Overall your list average. With changes it can become alot stronger.

mipcap
16-03-2012, 23:46
Thanks for the input everyone! I've made some changes to the list and it now looks like this:
Lords:
Lord of change, Power vortex, master of sorcery 590p.

Heroes:
Herald of khorne, armour of khorne, bsb, Icon of despair 215p.
Herald of khorne, armour of khorne, firestorm blade 140p.
Herald of tzeentch, disc, spellbreaker, master of sorcery 185p.

Core:
7 furies 84p.

Special:
6 fleshhounds 210p.

Rare:
6 flamers 210p.
Fiend of slaaesh 55p.
Fiend of slaaesh 55p.

2500p.

HalfBlood
18-03-2012, 16:50
Second list is better,

However Furies are not really competitive, because usually units like furies are meant to charge block, like harpies ect.... Since Furies cant flee they cant really do that.

You still need Icon of Endless War on a BL unit

mipcap
18-03-2012, 22:48
Well I'm very unsure about the furies but I din't know what do with the remaining 84p. I suppose I could exchange it for the icon and another fiend or something...

Gop
19-03-2012, 01:39
Furies can be ok, mainly for warmachine or lone mage hunting. Use terrain well.