PDA

View Full Version : 2 wood elf lists 2500pts

Rayd
16-03-2012, 01:05
The first list is for more competitive games, while the second list is more fluffy.

Lords:
Lifeweaver - 343
lvl 4, elven steed, glamourweave kindred, wand of wych elm

Nobles:
Noble - 130
BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of doom arrow

Noble - 195
Wild Rider, Great Stag, the Dawn Spear

Spellsinger - 115
lvl 1, dispell scroll

Core:
20 Glade Guard - 268
musician, SB, Banner of eternal flame

17 Glade Guard - 210
musician

10 Glade Guard - 120

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads - 96

Special:
5 Wardancers - 90

6 Treekin - 390

5 Wild Riders - 130

Rare:
5 Waywatchers - 120

Great Eagle - 50

Great Eagle - 50

That should be 2,499 points, the lifeweaver will stay with the treekin, spellsinger and bsb will be with the unit of 17 GG, and the noble on great stag will be with the wild riders. I'd like idea's on this list, is it worth putting lifeweaver on an elven steed and giving her glamourweave kindred so she can join the treekin? I'm considering dropping them on her and putting her with the other unit of GG, and with the extra points drop 1 unit of the dryads to add another unit of GG which should be about 12 or so. Also would like to hear peoples thoughts on going life or beast, I honestly like the spells in the beast line better, I definately see more people go life though.

Next list is more fluffy, mainly because the Wood elf dragon model with highborn on it was awesome and I want to be able to use mine in battle :).

Lords:
Highborn - 556
Forest Dragon, Light Armor, Shield, Spirit Sword, Helm of the Hunt, seed of rebirth

Beastweaver - 240
lvl 3, Dispell Scroll

Heroes - 130
BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow

Core:
20 Glade Guard - 268
musician, SB, Banner of Eternal Flame

16 Glade Guard - 198
musician

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads - 96

Special:
5 Wardancers - 90

6 Treekin - 390

Rare:
6 Waywatchers - 144

Great Eagle - 50

Great Eagle - 50

Points on this end up at 2,500 with 470 pts into Lords and 450 into heroes, as long as the Forest dragon still counts as a hero choice and doesnt count againt lords points. I think the list can be semi-competetive, getting almost 600 points back for the highborn will be tough, and if my opponent manages to get a lucky shot on him it would be a bad day :).

tmarichards
16-03-2012, 01:27
Taking a level 4 on a Steed is basically asking for her to be cannon-sniped by turn 2 at the latest. The same goes for the Stagrider unfortunately. I also don't rate the Wand highly enough to be worth having to take a level 1 mage in order to be able to get a Dispel Scroll.

I also don't really rate Wardancers, every time I've used small units to try and assassinate candidates they just end up hiding or dying. Dryads (especially if you go with Lore of Beasts instead of Life) are already pretty good at sniping characters in combat, and Waywatchers can do it at range once your Glade Guard strip away the rest of the unit.

The Glade Guard could do with musicians. There's also no real reason to take a second big unit, once you have your 15-18 with the flaming banner going with multiple units of 10-12 is the better option. I'd drop a unit of dryads, and put that towards funding more Glade Guard- I've found the 4th unit of Dryads to not really do much more than get in the way.

In the second list, I'm afraid the Dragon comes out of your Lords allowance :(