PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2400pts

MOMUS
17-03-2012, 07:08
First go at a 2400pt lizard list for a tournament that uses SCGT comp, browse comp here: http://www.heelanhammer.com/SCGT/Sou...ck011Final.pdf

Light slann, +1PD, Becalming cogitation, plaque of extra spell

Scar vet, cold one, LA, charmed shield, dawnstone, burning blade

Chief, BSB, skaven pelt banner

Priest, D.scroll

30 saurus, command

29 saurus, command

32 skinks, 4 krox, musician, banner

10 skink skirmishers

3 terradons

5 camo skinks

2 salamanders

1 salamander

1 razordon

1 razordon

The idea is the slann hides in the skirmisher 'bunker' behind my main line, using the light buffs on saurus and skrox. Magic missiles can be fired through the priest. I really wanted the skaven pelt banner despite the weak chief and know that he will probably die alot, but the thought of having frenzy and time warp/speed of light on saurus is too good :D
Feedback welcome.

Kayosiv
17-03-2012, 14:09
The skink chief BsB really is pointless. He at toughness 3 with a maximum 5+ armor save he will die to virtually anything in 1 round of combat. He's fun to take but he was a bad idea in 7th and with support attacks is an even worse idea now.

The units of chameleons and terradons don't feel big enough. I'd lose a salamander or Razordon to increase both of them by a few models.

The skink priest does not seem useful because if you plan on using your Slann to buff your units with lore of light, he will be close enough to the battle anyway that you won't need to use the skink for range or line of sight.

How do you plan on using the Scar Veteran, as a monster/regenerater hunter? He seems like he has nowhere to go in the list, although if it's to take a cannon shot for your Slann the charmed shield is a good move.

Since your Slann has no temple guard, I'd recommend buying him the stubborn crown, ethereal, or the 2+ ward save against shooting. All good depending on what army you are facing.

Looking forward to seeing those battle reports, especially with a smaller list like this (I never play 3000 points games, usually 1750-2500). Any progress with that?

MOMUS
17-03-2012, 14:31
Thanks for the feedback!

The skink chief BsB really is pointless. He at toughness 3 with a maximum 5+ armor save he will die to virtually anything in 1 round of combat. He's fun to take but he was a bad idea in 7th and with support attacks is an even worse idea now.

But hes sooo cute! ;) I orignally had the BSB on the slann but wanted to try it out for fun, i would hope to out-wit the enemy by being wider. I also need clarification from the TO whether skink heroes can join skrox units.

The units of chameleons and terradons don't feel big enough. I'd lose a salamander or Razordon to increase both of them by a few models.

3 is OK for terradons but i agree i would like the camo skinks at 7, i think that is just the right number for them.

The skink priest does not seem useful because if you plan on using your Slann to buff your units with lore of light, he will be close enough to the battle anyway that you won't need to use the skink for range or line of sight. ?

He is just to hold the scroll, i cant have it on the slann due to the plaque. The points i would have saved on the chief and priest could have got me another scarvet.

How do you plan on using the Scar Veteran, as a monster/regenerater hunter? He seems like he has nowhere to go in the list, although if it's to take a cannon shot for your Slann the charmed shield is a good move.
Since your Slann has no temple guard, I'd recommend buying him the stubborn crown, ethereal, or the 2+ ward save against shooting. All good depending on what army you are facing.

He was one of a pair but i couldnt squeeze them both in, he is just to jump on monsters and stuff that would get in the way of my main blocks.

Looking forward to seeing those battle reports, especially with a smaller list like this (I never play 3000 points games, usually 1750-2500). Any progress with that?

Yes ive been meaning to get them up, i have two to upload hopefully tonight. :)

Here is the other army i will be taking to the same event as the one above (the event asks you to play two 2400pts games and two 2000pt games):
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?336031-2000pts-lizardmen-SCGT

Kayosiv
18-03-2012, 04:33
Well, you could give your Slann the Loremaster Plaque for 50 points, lose the priest, and get the dispell scroll on the Slann. It ends up saving you 30 points while giving you a few more spells.

I certainly am not saying that taking the chief is undoable. It's a bad idea if winning is your only concern, which means that there are a plethora of reasons why it might be a good idea. They would be questionably useful at half the price based on their combat ability, but when they kill something you get a fulfilling hearty laugh at the expensive of your opponent, and that can be better than winning. A scar vet BsB to complete your scarvet pairing will likely serve you better in combat though.

Also, buy a unit champion for your chameleon skinks. 1 or 2 extra wounds a game and the ability to die horrifically in challenge and save the unit is ALWAYS worth 6 points in my experience.