PDA

View Full Version : talisman de loec HE

Miredorf
17-03-2012, 12:31
Does it force to reroll all saves including wounds from the talisman of loec owner's mount and even other wounds from different sources that it received in the combat round?

thanks and sorry, not sure if the question is clear enough.

T10
17-03-2012, 12:36
Only the bearer's close combat attacks for that phase.

Francis
17-03-2012, 13:15
"Any model wounded by his attacks this phase must re-roll any successful saves of any kind." I think it is quite clear that any subsquent wounds that a mount does is added to this. So a hero with a ward save is wounded one by a ToL prince on a dragon. He would have to reroll the saves when the dragon attacks as well. Quite clear really.

AMWOOD co
17-03-2012, 17:45
I think it is quite clear that any subsquent wounds that a mount does is added to this.

I have to disagree. Monsters and riders do not normally share special rules and the effects of magic items such as the Talisman of Loec would definitely count in this. As T10 said, it is the bearer of the item that gets the bonus, and the dragon isn't carrying the item, his rider is.

SaltGut
17-03-2012, 18:01
The argument they are trying to make is that by the way the item is worded it puts an effect of the model when he is wounded.

Raw I think they are right, but I think this is just an example of bad rule writing and not the intention.

T10
18-03-2012, 21:32
It seems safe to assume that the effects are limited to the context established for he item unless otherwise specified. And nothing else is specified, so why assume that those effects linger for the rest of that battle only? How about for the next battle, and the one after that? Or if you use this against a special character, why should not all other players using the same character suffer the ill effects - it is no more tied to the current game than it is to the current player...