PDA

View Full Version : The Skaven stumble into Nehekhara‏

untimention
18-03-2012, 10:29
Last night sore Skrolk and his plague minions stumble into Nehekhara just as one of the kings was pulling an army together ready to attack Gorehook (Ogres) once more.

Points 2500pts

Theme - i tried to make the army very plague themed inc Skrolk leading the front.

The rest of the army inc:

Assassin (which i completely forgot about)
BSB
Plague priest on furnace

40 plague monks (counting as core)
47 rats with a warpfire thrower

25............ YES! 25 Censer Bearers

Warp Lightning Cannon
Plagueclaw Catapult
Hell Pit

Was that it........ possibly.

Highlights of the same

-Hell Pit gets burnt by flaming Catapults and in one shot looses 3 wounds..... and a Catapult takes his last
- TK's only wizard cast an extra attack on a chariot unit because they were closing in on a Hell Pit..... Irresistible Force meant the wizard (lev 4) sacrificed himself and a chunk of Tomb Guard with him...... and in the end the chariot unit caused 1 wound even with those extra attacks and got bummed
- Warp Lightning Cannon shoots a S10 shot 4D6 in a random direction turn 2...... luckily this goes backwards as there were plenty of units nearby
- Plague gets cast on the tomb guard protecting the king....... and kills 11! it then goes onto another unit of tomb guard (same size) but only kills 3..... those damn dice!
- Hell pit with 2 wounds left charged in a 6 chariot strong unit........ and wipes them out!
- Unit of 5 censer bearers charge a unit of 4 chariots.......... and 2 die from the fumes!

Overall highlight:

The plague monk unit inc Skrolk closes in on the king..... skrolk is flexing his muscles...... in a bold attempt the king dives out the way and charges a 2 man censer bearer unit........ the crazed champion steps up......... 4 attacks........... 3 hit........ 3 wounds which i have to re-roll.......... and DO!......... 2 wounds left on the King and BAMN..... 3 failed ward saves............. Skrolk and his plague monk unit never managed to attack any unit all game!

Victory went to the Skaven........ but it could have all changed very quickly:

- I rolled very high on my magic....... don't think lower then 8!
- TK Wizard should have stayed alive longer... bringing more undead back and bolstering them
- Hell pit with 2 wounds left charged in a 6 chariot strong unit........ and wipes them out!

Unit of the match - Plague Censers........... 24 died in the end but splitting them up meant Uros had them coming from all over the board

Victory: Skaven with only 1 undead catapult at the end and the Skaven having left:

Assassin (which i completely forgot about)
BSB
Plague priest on furnace
30ish plague monks (counting as core)
25ish rats
1 Censer Bearer
Warp Lightning Cannon
Plagueclaw Catapult