PDA

View Full Version : O&G list for GT

whitespyre
18-03-2012, 19:32
Hi, I'm entering into my first tournament in two weeks, 2400 points with comp rules, The main one for me being a 450 pts cap on units :( Also no special characters. I've to submit my list in 4hrs 45 mins, so I'm a bit late in asking for a critique on my list :) Here goes: -

HQ

Savage Orc Geat Shaman lvl4 w/ shrunken Head, Fencers Blade 290
Night Goblin Big Boss (BSB) w/GW, ToP 104
Night Goblin shaman lvl 2 w/dispel scroll 110

Core

x40 savage orcs w/ full command 395
x22 Night goblins w/ bows, nets, mus 121
x5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ bows, mus 65
x10 Spider Riders w/ mus 140
x10 Arrer Boys 70
x10 Arrer Boys 70
x10 Arrer Boys 70

Special

x30 Black Orcs w/full command, flaming banner 405
x1 Orc Boar Chariot 85
x1 Orc Boar Chariot 85

Rare

Rock Lobber 85
Rock Lobber 85
Doom Diver 80
Manger Squig 65
Mangler Squig 65

2390 (10 pts to spend?)

Your thoughts are appreciated?

Cheers

Chris

Clubme
18-03-2012, 19:52
looks to me to be a pretty balanced list (im new to WFB but not to GW in general) only thing i would add if you had the points would be fanatics into the night goblins as every1 hates them :D

Graxy
18-03-2012, 21:08
The main thing that I would say is to find points for a black orc big boss for the savage orcs just as an animosity blocker (maybe drop an arrer boy unit and a couple of points somewhere else)

I'm personally not to fond of black orcs in thsi edition but I cant really think of anyything to replace them (maybe a big unit of Night goblin goblin archers with BSB with banner of poison)

I'd find points to upgrade the Savage Orcs to big uns because they are just amazing

Other than that, I can see this list working quite well

whitespyre
18-03-2012, 21:29
The main thing that I would say is to find points for a black orc big boss for the savage orcs just as an animosity blocker (maybe drop an arrer boy unit and a couple of points somewhere else)

I'm personally not to fond of black orcs in thsi edition but I cant really think of anyything to replace them (maybe a big unit of Night goblin goblin archers with BSB with banner of poison)

I'd find points to upgrade the Savage Orcs to big uns because they are just amazing

Other than that, I can see this list working quite well

I originally wanted to make the savage Orcs into biguns, however the full command, would take the points over the unit cap for the tournament.

What if I left the musician in. And took out one of the Arrer Boyz units?

I haven't added fanatics, a my bunker unit is meant to sit behind the main blocks?

whitespyre
18-03-2012, 21:41
If I remove the netter from my bunker unit. That will give me the 45 pta I need to make up the savage unit to biguns. Min you, that also minus the standard bearer and big boss? Do you think the unit would be ok as biguns, with just s musician in place?

Graxy
18-03-2012, 22:02
I'd probably just take of savage orcs until you have the points to upgrade them to big uns (to a minimum of about 33-34 boys), since the last 10 are pretty much just there as excess to take some shots. I would definately advise removing at least 1 arrer boy unit to find points, I don't really think that 10 BS3 S3 shots can do to much.

I'd actually be half tempted to drop the BSB's ward save to a 5+. It frees up points for other things and at the point where the BSB's in combat, it won't be living very long against most things anyway.

You definately need full command in the savage orcs in case you play something like WoC where you'll need somone to take the challenge and every point of combat res you can get.

Now that im thinking about it, you could probably live without freeing up points for the black orc big boss, considering how defensively your army will be structured, it doesn't matter if you can't move or are forced to charge, so apologies for putting that thought in your head

Graxy
18-03-2012, 22:03
Also I'd drop the netters on the bunker. Again if anything reaches them, they're pretty much going to die quickly and -1 strength won't change too much about that

whitespyre
18-03-2012, 23:17
Also I'd drop the netters on the bunker. Again if anything reaches them, they're pretty much going to die quickly and -1 strength won't change too much about that

Ok this is my final list, no going back :)

Lord/Heroes
Savage Orc Geat Shaman lvl4 w/ shrunken Head, Fencers Blade 290
Night Goblin Big Boss (BSB) w/GW, Talisman of Endurance 89
Night Goblin shaman lvl 2 w/ Dispel Scroll, Dragonhelm 120
Core
x37 savage orcs Biguns w/ full command 442
x23 Night goblins w/ bows, mus 79
x5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ bows, mus 65
x10 Spider Riders w/ mus 140
x10 Arrer Boyz 70
x10 Arrer Boyz 70
Special