PDA

View Full Version : 800pt Night Goblin List Need HELP pls

Clubme
18-03-2012, 20:45
Hello everyone im new to warseer and also Very new to WFB but a while ago i bought 2.5-3k points worth of Night goblins ect then put them on a shelf.
My local GW is starting a WFB campaign which has given me the well needed kick up the backside ive been needing to take the jump into a wargame which involves much more stratigy than 40k (in my opinion)
My problem is with having so many cool modles and not realy having played a massive ammount of WFB before im coming stuck when trying to make an army list which could stand up to a beeting (well as much as a night gobbo army can) whilts still being fun, the aspects of Night goblins which i like are mostly the crazyness of it all i.e. fanatics, squig hoppers/ heards/ manglers, doomdivers well you all know what i mean i hope :D

heres what ive put together so far:

800 pt limit

<<Hero>>
Night Gobbo Great Shaman = 140
lvl 4 upgrade = 35
<175 pts>

<<Core>>
40 N-Gobos w/spears = 120
3 fanatics = 75
musician = 10
<205 pts>
20 N-Gobbo w/spears = 60
2 fanatics = 50 pts
<110 pts>
20 N-Gobbo w/spears = 60
2 fanatics = 50
<110pts>

<<special>>
5 squig hoppers <60 pts>

<<Rare>>
1 doom diver catapult 80
1 doom diver catapult 80 <160pts>

--<<800 pts>>--

My main concern is that i may not have enough night goblins and also that i may have spent too much on my hero which may be limiting my points to play with else where.... As i said im new to WFB so any and all help would be greatly appreciated (i know i will not come close to winning the campaign but would like to come to the table with something that wont send my opponent into a fit of laughter) also any tactics would be awesome too.

many thanks in advance

clubme

Paintandship
18-03-2012, 22:22
Hi, not a bad list for your first try. I play against a lot of goblin players at my local club and could share a few hints with you.

Since goblins esp NG have such poor leadership i would take a BSB to re-roll those Leadership/break tests. (maybe drop the squig hoppers to fit this in)
Combine the 2 units of 20 to make another 40 block (better to go big with horde armies like goblins). Also taking netters greatly increases goblin units survivability(de-buffing enemy units strength is a must for low toughness armies).
2 Doom divers in such a small game is brutal, people at my club use rock lobbers to great effect.
I'm not sure about fanatics, they can be more of a problem for you if the enemy has flyers to bait them out early.
You seem to have many anvils but not many hammers. But at this point lvl you could probly grind down most armies with sheer number of attacks from spear goblins in horde formation.

Hope this helps any. :)

Clubme
19-03-2012, 01:37
Hi, not a bad list for your first try. I play against a lot of goblin players at my local club and could share a few hints with you.

Since goblins esp NG have such poor leadership i would take a BSB to re-roll those Leadership/break tests. (maybe drop the squig hoppers to fit this in)
Combine the 2 units of 20 to make another 40 block (better to go big with horde armies like goblins). Also taking netters greatly increases goblin units survivability(de-buffing enemy units strength is a must for low toughness armies).
2 Doom divers in such a small game is brutal, people at my club use rock lobbers to great effect.
I'm not sure about fanatics, they can be more of a problem for you if the enemy has flyers to bait them out early.
You seem to have many anvils but not many hammers. But at this point lvl you could probly grind down most armies with sheer number of attacks from spear goblins in horde formation.

Hope this helps any. :)

thanks for the reply :D
Ah yeh ill need to try to ft a BSB in there, the hoppers were added due to having 60 pts left over so i could remove them no problems (probably too small of a unit to be effective)
i realy wanted to take netters but they seam so expencive at 45 pts per unit
yeh the 2 doom divers could be brutal but im also thinking it may be too much as they seam to be good against mainly elete mobs and in a 800 pts game im not sure how many units like this the other players would be able to fit in, toying with the idea of a giant but then i would lose those high str ranged attacks....
the fanatics were going to be hopfuly my hammer in this army but as you said there reliability is questionable and now thinking about it im using 175 pts on them which could mabe be spent better elsewhere for a better result..

what do you guys think about the lvl 4 shaman? is it too much for an 800 pt list?