PDA

View Full Version : First Empire List - 2,000 Pts

UberDrive
18-03-2012, 21:51
I'm looking to make a fun, balanced Empire list that can do well against any army.

This is pretty much everything I have assembled/mostly painted (plog: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85393), but comes out to 2162 pts, so what should I cut?

I also have WIP another 20 Halberdiers, 5 Outriders, a Steam Tank, Pegasus Captain and General on Griffon that I could potential add. Also looking to buy Greatswords and eventually Flaggies - the goal is eventually to have every army choice (for 3,000 or more pts).

No War Altar until the new model (hopefully) comes out -- trying to get in some games before April. Thanks!

My characters are pretty much kitted out to not die and support my infantry blocks. I don't see many people take Dispel Scrolls these days, so perhaps there is a better choice?

Characters (524 pts)

Empire General (General) (156 pts)
Great Weapon, Armor of Meteoric Iron, Talisman of Preservation

Captain (113 pts)
Battle Standard Bearer, Full Plate, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone

Warrior Priest (130 pts)
Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, Shield, Van Horstman's Speculum

Battle Wizard (125 pts)
Level 2, Dispel Scroll

Core (981 pts)

30 Swordsmen (205 pts)
Full Command

-Detachment of 15 Swordsmen (90 pts)

26 Spearmen (176 pts)
Shields, Full Command

-Detachment of 10 Halberdiers (50 pts)
-Detachment of 10 Free Company (50 pts)

10 Handgunners (100 pts)
Marksman, Repeater Handgun

10 Handgunners (105 pts)
Marksman, Hochland Long Rifle

10 Huntsmen (105 pts)
Marksman

Special (547 pts)

8 Knights (258 pts)
Inner Circle, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame

5 Pistoliers (114 pts)
Outrider, Repeater Pistol, Musician

Great Cannon (100 pts)

Mortar (75 pts)

Rare (110 pts)

Helblaster Volley Gun (110 pts)

D'Haran
19-03-2012, 14:11
Probably trade the Helblaster for a Rocket Launcher, Helblaster doesn't hit much, even when it doesn't misfire and no engineer it'll only average 14 or so shots and with needing to roll to hit first... Besides it was really made to kill knights and you don't see many this edition.

Probably drop the longrifle, unless you're taking a bunch of them they're unreliable since after to hit and wound you'll only be getting 1 wound a game.

Merge your detachments into a unit of 15 and beef up the spearmen that way the detachment can break ranks even if it looses a few bodies.

Your Warrior Priest is kitted out like a poor mans Arch Lector, you'll find him dying quickly and never getting a challenge except against unit champions. Besides GW and a shield? you planning on him getting shot at alone? Better to drop everything on him but the GW and Heavy Armour.

What lore for your wizard? Probably don't need the scroll, I only take them if I field a stank to keep it alive but if you play high magic opponents it might be useful.

Dreadlordpaul
19-03-2012, 14:19
drop the gw on the warrior priest get a level 4 and take the armour of metioric iron and put it on your bsb. Swap the general for a arch lector with holy relic and armour of silvered steel

StealthKnightSteg
19-03-2012, 14:54
The marksmen in the Handgunner units don't do much even with their special weapons.. it's better IF you want to use them to stick them as detachments to your units, no panic is a big plus here together with the Stand & Shoot for your parent unit.
That said your parent units are smallish, you might want atleast 1 unit to be a big sturdy block to be the center of your army. Usually halberdiers in this regard, as Spearmen are our lowest option for state troops. Swordsmen are used more defensivly to tarpit with steadfast and lesser losses. As for cc detachments either halberdiers, swordsmen or Freecompany works, but denpending on your intended use they are fielded either as 15 or 5-6 strong (15 for hitting power in flanks to negate steadfast, 5 for speedbumping/redirecting or just additional CR for minimal points)
Also only reason to take a General instead of an Arch Lector is the Ancestral Heirloom rule.. and you are not using it (magic banner on state troop choice)
Also instead of the Dispel Scroll: The Rod of Power is used alot!
If you can squeeze an engineer in he will prove worth his points for keeping your artillery alive from misfires (thus more chance on getting hits) especially if you keep your HBVG..