PDA

View Full Version : Army you would play if GW changed one or two models.

Techboss
19-03-2012, 01:53
What army would you play if GW redesigned one or two models within a given armies model range? Which model and why?

I would play Imperial Guard if they would redesign the Leman Russ tank. I find the current model very dated, even for GW and think it needs to be completely reworked. It needs the same update that the Land Raider received and I wouldn't be opposed to a more WW2 or even modern tank design. While the WW1 design that currently exists isn't the worst model GW ever put out, it is off putting enough that I don't want to play IG. I would like to see the model get covered upper treads, the turret be up sized and the barrel down sized or at least made in line with the turret. The current barrel is comically huge compared to the small turret. I also think the tracks are too narrow.

The Chimera is second on my list, mainly because I'd like see covered tracks and the model rounded out some. However, as track guards are available, the model isn't too bad, though wider tracks would be nice.

madprophet
19-03-2012, 02:47
I play IG but rarely field tanks (yeah... I know) but I tend to do well with my infantry company though I could field a fair amount of armored support from my motor pool. But I also use old school Valhallan troopers supplemented by some female conversions. :cool:

I've been a guard nutter for so long, I don't see myself switching to another army no matter how cool the figures are. I do have small (around 2000 pt.) Ork, Tyranid, Chaos and Tau armies (not counting the 2000 pts of space marines I gave my son) :angel:

Scribe of Khorne
19-03-2012, 05:18
If the Tau battle suits where a bit more like the FW versions (more anime/mecha, lets be honest its what they should be anyway) I would probably build up a force.

spaint2k
19-03-2012, 05:56
I would have played Dark Eldar if GW had decided to release Wracks, Grotesques and Haemonculus in metal instead of Finecast. That farce prompted me to sell ALL my Dark Eldar stuff.

Reivax26
19-03-2012, 09:43
It would be cool if the Eldar could get newer War Walkers. I don't like the design it has now. New Farseers would be nice. A new Avatar model might be cool. Damn I want to play Eldar now....

TrojanWolf
19-03-2012, 10:11
I'd be much more tempted by Daemons if the plastic Horrors looked more like the previous versions. These ones look goofy to me, while the others looked like constantly mutating monsters. Though a very nice plastic Lord of Change would go some way to offsetting that.

RunepriestRidcully
19-03-2012, 11:02
^^^^ This, I thought of doing a small (500-1000) pts deamons army, mearly expanding the ones I used in support of my Thousand sons, took one look at the new goofy horror models that look more disney then Lovecraftian and knew it would not happen.

ihavetoomuchminis
19-03-2012, 11:27
I play daemons, but i'll play way more with them if GW released new models for greater daemons.

Beppo1234
19-03-2012, 11:53
If the Tau battle suits where a bit more like the FW versions (more anime/mecha, lets be honest its what they should be anyway) I would probably build up a force.

QFT, if the crisis suits had more effort put into a better design, I too would be all over the tau. I hate the kit so much. Everything else Tau is pretty much curved, except those. They don't fit the army visual style IMO, and look terrible.

TimLeeson
19-03-2012, 12:12
I would of played Dark Eldar, but I didnt really like how the Wracks turned out and also not being in plastic was a put off as well, I also didnt like the 1 grotesque sculpt much. Theres nothing inherrantly wrong with them, I just prefered the more sleek and weirder looking Wracks and more brutal looking Grotesque from the artwork pages.

ErictheGreen
19-03-2012, 12:34
I'd play sisters if there was a plastic sisters kit with 10 models in.

You can convert dominions, retributors and regular sisters from 1 kit. That's worth it.

selling a kidney for the metals is not.

Latro_
19-03-2012, 12:41
I don't think there are models in any army i'd not play the army because of. If i'm down on any its probably tau battlesuits and skimmers plus some of their other units like vespid

totgeboren
19-03-2012, 12:45
I think I would start Tau if the suits looked more like the Fire Warriors. That is, like some of the Forge World suits.

And I agree on the IG tanks. I have however converted all mine to have larger turrets, smaller calibre main guns, suspension and armoured upper threads, so I'm all good. :)

ehlijen
19-03-2012, 14:14
I actually like that they tried their own thing with the Tau suits. They're neither mecha nor too obviously humanoid robots. They could do with a bit more rounding; I think the Firewarriors are the perfect mix of rounded helmets and chest piece and angular armour plates and guns.

What I'd like to see is bizzarre spines on the orks. They really look less hulking and more as if a chaos god turned the spine back to front. The torso grows forward out of their hips turns sharply upwards, only to then have the head grow out forwards again. It makes them look very unbalanced. But also unique, so I guess they've got that going for them.

LonelyPath
19-03-2012, 14:51
I'd play sisters if there was a plastic sisters kit with 10 models in.

You can convert dominions, retributors and regular sisters from 1 kit. That's worth it.

selling a kidney for the metals is not.

^What this says^

G.Hawke
19-03-2012, 15:09
i'd play chaos dreadnoughts if gw would actually update the damned kit. it's already one of the oldest surviving kits of any army, and far the most dated.

-hawke

totgeboren
19-03-2012, 15:50
I actually like that they tried their own thing with the Tau suits. They're neither mecha nor too obviously humanoid robots. They could do with a bit more rounding; I think the Firewarriors are the perfect mix of rounded helmets and chest piece and angular armour plates and guns.

What I'd like to see is bizzarre spines on the orks. They really look less hulking and more as if a chaos god turned the spine back to front. The torso grows forward out of their hips turns sharply upwards, only to then have the head grow out forwards again. It makes them look very unbalanced. But also unique, so I guess they've got that going for them.

The current orks have their anatomy taken more or less straight from gorillas, with the butt sticking out and the legs going sideways like that, and the long arms. Even the shape of the head reminds of green gorillas, and that's why they look unbalanced, their anatomy is not from a creature that walks on two legs, except for short bursts.
check out a silverback, and you will see the resemblance in posture.

Oppressor
19-03-2012, 15:54
What army would you play if GW redesigned one or two models within a given armies model range? Which model and why?

Dark Eldar if they got some better vehicles, specifically the raider and ravager models. I just really don't like them :(. And since the raider especially is pretty much mandatory to take multiples of, it really makes me not want to buy anything for the army because I would have to buy, assemble, paint and always lok at them.

It's really a big reason why I think if I was going to start another army it would be Orks, because then I can make whatever kind of crazy vehicles I want and it's cool, along with liking all the other models to begin with, even their standard Games Workshop ones. I have even more freedom to go out and create more crazy stuff if i want to.

But with Dark eldar, those two vehicles you're stuck with.

loveless
19-03-2012, 15:57
I'd play a haemonculus coven list if the Wracks and Grotesques were plastic. The Wracks wouldn't even need a design change - just a material change. The Grotesques could use a fair bit of work to look more like their artwork, though.

I'd probably consider the Tau Empire if their crisis suits all looked like the updated Forgeworld versions.

Also, if we can count a codex as a model, I'd likely consider Tyranids if that changed that up a bit :p

Bunnahabhain
19-03-2012, 18:49
Loads of them.I'd like to play Orks, and even Marines, if only GW changed...

Their pricing model.
Their rules model.