PDA

View Full Version : VC 2500 pt list.

Hashulaman
19-03-2012, 11:14
I am very new to VC, I have never played their previous incarnations and have only played 3 games of this one. Here is a list I threw together out of what I do own, and I'd like some opinions.

Vampire Lord, Level 4(Lord of Vampires), Red Fury, Quickblood, Talisman of Preservation, Sword of Strife, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armor - 536

Necromancer, level 2(lore of Vampires), Dispel Scroll, Master of the Dead - 120

40 Skeletons, Full Command - 230

40 Skeletons, Full Command - 230

55 Zombies - 165

20 Grave Guard, Full Command, Banner of The Barrows - 300

6 Crypt Horrors - 228

7 Black Knights, Full Command, Lances, Barding - 212

Terrorgheist - 225

Mortis Engine, Blasphemous Tome - 240

I have absolutely no spirt hosts, Banshees, Carin Wratihs, Bats, or Dire wolves. I have a coach but its metal and unassembled. I am use to Playing WoC, so this is a completly new expierience, I have no idea how to use this list, or anything else for that matter. I do have a couple corpse carts, said black coach, 3 varhghiest(though from the past 3 games I played they don't live long enough in units of 3 yet I dont have anymore) and a Varghulf I can use to replace anything in this current list, I would like to keep the Terrorghiest and mortis engine if at all possible. My grave guard do not have Great Weapons, I find I can't get IoN off enough times to bring back what i loose.

The only thing I can think of doing as far as deployment is Vampire Lord in Gracve Guard and Terrorgheist, Black Knights and/or Mortis Engine on the flank/flanks. Though having the Mortis engine make a bubble around my army for Regeneration purposes seems to be the better idea.

I have heard good things about Black Knights and 7 was as many as I could fit in the list with everything else. The positioning of the Skeltions, Zombies and possibly Crypt Horros I am at a loss for, as well as the Necromancer. Technically it would be cheaper to take Vlad or even Mannfred than my generic Vampire Lord, but I do not place must trust in Mannfred as he has no ward or Regen to speak of. Vlad I like and I don't mind using. While a combat caster/jack of all trades, master of none, he is far more likely to live, Thus prevent crumbling, which is paramount to VC, keep your general alive as in addition, he will almost always be the most powerful wizard.

I don't care about it being nerfed, it's still a potent threat hanging over your head. Given how in 8th Wizards are at more risk, and VC is the only army to my knowledge that HAS to use magic. Keeping your general alive is more important than with other armies. Hence why I like Vlad even if he gets one shotted by a cannonball, he has a good chance of coming back, and the ward as well as Hunger on a 4+ keeps him in the fight longer, so he would be my top choice for a replacement for my Vampire Lord,

But I digress, suggestions on what I can do to better my list and/or how to use this list at least semi competivly would be appreciated. I have a 2500 point tournament coming up this weekend.

datalink7
19-03-2012, 14:37
I think you went in to many different directions with this list.

Grave Guard are good, but 20 is too small. Black Knights can be great, but again 7 is too small. I'd go one or the other and bump the GG to at least 30 or the BK to at least 10-12.

You could also bump the Crypt Horrors to 8 to make a 4x2 formation.

Dogs and spirit hosts are awesome as quick drops and redirectors if you can get your hands on some.

Also, I'd get a +S sword for your Vampire Count. This almost always works out best over other swords, including +A swords.

Of course, it seems you are limited in models so you probably can't take all the above advice.

Hashulaman
19-03-2012, 20:45
I think you went in to many different directions with this list.

Grave Guard are good, but 20 is too small. Black Knights can be great, but again 7 is too small. I'd go one or the other and bump the GG to at least 30 or the BK to at least 10-12.

You could also bump the Crypt Horrors to 8 to make a 4x2 formation.

Dogs and spirit hosts are awesome as quick drops and redirectors if you can get your hands on some.

Also, I'd get a +S sword for your Vampire Count. This almost always works out best over other swords, including +A swords.

Of course, it seems you are limited in models so you probably can't take all the above advice.

Thanks for the advice, I can take either 30 GG or 10 BK, and then I'd have a 300+ point hole to spend, Thats leaves the Varghiests, Varghulf, and thats all I can think of, I cant take a second terrorghiest or blood knights because of the percentage limit on rares.