PDA

View Full Version : Orks, Or Daemons?

Merellin
19-03-2012, 15:58
So I already got Tau and i'm working on Space Marines but I also got a full Assault on Blach Reach box meaning I got some Orks too and while I was oiginally planning on saving the Orks for later and building a Ork force aswell one of the people in my gaming group is intrested in buying the Orks instead of his Tyranids. So I was wondering if I should sell the Orks to him, and instead later build a Chaos Daemon froce, That I could also use as a Fantasy army once we start playing Fantasy again..?

LonelyPath
19-03-2012, 17:10
I play both Daemons and Orks, i you don't mind losing most of the time then go with Daemons, if you want something more competitive then go with Orks. Ideally though, go with the one you like the look of most, the only reason I rebuilt my Daemon army was because I had a army many years ago and wanted to update it (though I still wound up reusing many of the models). Both offer interesting modeling projects though if you like the convert and kit bash.

Merellin
19-03-2012, 21:04
It's so hard to deside.. Orks seem like a real fun army to play.. But Daemons I can use in fantasy too, and I just love the Soul Grinder model.. Not realy much for kit bashing and stuff, And I dont realy know anything about the 40k Daemons. I have looked in the Fantasy daemons book but havent found the 40k one anywhere to look in. And I dont know what I'd use for a Herald of Khorne or Slaanesh.. Was thinking this guy http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1850199a_99070201002_TzeentchSorcerer_873x627.jpg for a Herald of Tzeench. Not uite sure what to use for Nurgle Herald either, But I dont realy like Nurgle much..

Kijamon
19-03-2012, 21:09
Orks every time. Just for the hilarity. Even when you lose, you win

bocaj
19-03-2012, 23:24
I say go with daemons, counter to what the previous posters have said you don't lose all the time. Granted they do have a few bad matchups (GK and DE) but you can still win the majority of games if you know how they work. No two games are the same with daemons, so no repetitive games. This is because any variations in deployment or terrain change the game drastically, whereas orks just move forward and assault.
Well my opinion probably is biased due to playing with Daemons since the very end of 4th.

ihavetoomuchminis
19-03-2012, 23:42
Play BOTH, just as i do. :)

Merellin
20-03-2012, 11:28
The opponents I face a Imperial Guard, Necron, Grey Knights, Eldar, Dark Eldar and Tyranids. As for playing both Orks and Daemons, I already got Tau and Space Marines. Having Orks and Daemons would be a bit much! XD

ihavetoomuchminis
20-03-2012, 12:36
Then...roll a dice :)

LonelyPath
20-03-2012, 16:36
I say go with daemons, counter to what the previous posters have said you don't lose all the time.

I never said all the time, just most of the time ;)

Scammel
20-03-2012, 17:26
As a player of both, I have to say I have a slight preference for Orks. Daemons can be really fun at times, but after an extended period of using them I'm increasingly finding their deployment rules to be a real annoyance and I'm currently longing for boots on the ground. Orks also have a much better internal balance that the Daemons I find, with multiple units and builds being possible whilst a portion of the Daemon book smells rather badly (and I'm not necessarily talking about Nurgle).

Merellin
20-03-2012, 21:18
I desided to sell the Orks to a friend, Cus he plays Tyranids and realt realy want another army. So once my Space Marines are finished, I will start working on a Daemon army for both 40k and Fantasy ^_^ Thanks for all the replies!

Oppressor
20-03-2012, 22:58
Lol, thankfully I read the replies before posting!

While I was about to post "Orks, any uder kwesjunz?" I read that you sold them. That's cool that you're at least helpin someone else out especially before you get too partial to the models. Good luck with Daemons!