PDA

View Full Version : Daemons: 1st Attempt (2k pts)

Pawn of Decay
20-03-2012, 13:42
Ok. So after going to Warhammer World at the weekend for the March Throne of Skulls tournament I have decided that I actually really do enjoy playing Warhammer Fantasy. I have an Ogre army which I took and was great fun to play with, but I have decided that I want to build a second Fantasy army, alongside developing my Ogres.

During the Throne of Skulls tournament, I did pay attention to other armies, and I decided that Daemons of Chaos was something that I wanted to do. Like all armies, I thought I would write up an army list to give me a rough idea of what I wanted to collect.

This is my first Daemon’s of Chaos army list, so please be a bit gentle, lol. Any advice, criticism etc. are more than welcome. Thank you in advance.

Lord:

Keeper of Secrets – 500pts
- Allure of Slaanesh
- Siren Song

Hero:

Herald of Slaanesh – 215pts
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Great Icon of Despair
- Siren Song

Herald of Tzeentch – 165pts
- Master of Sorcery
- Spell Breaker

The Masque – 90pts

Core:

Daemonettes (24) – 343pts
- Full command
- Siren Standard

Pink Horrors (19) – 331pts
- The Changeling
- Standard bearer
- Musician
- Bound Spell Banner

Rare:

Flamers of Tzeentch (5) – 175pts

Flamers of Tzeentch (5) – 175pts

Total: 1,994pts

S_A_T_S
20-03-2012, 14:03
I personally don't play with greater daemons at 2k. They look like fun, but for those points I could have another regiment of daemons and a herald to lead them, plus maybe a support unit. My 2k list contains (from memory):

Herald of Tzeentch (lvl2, spellbreaker)
Herald of Khorne (BSB)
Herald of Slaanesh (lvl1 just to make ppl stupid, maybe siren song)
20 bloodletters
20 daemonettes
30-35 horrors with changling (my other army is dwarves - i have to get 2 armies worth of magic out of my daemons)
2x 3 flamers (would have more but cannot aŁŁord them)
2 fiends of slaanesh/5 seekers

Tzeentch herald always takes MoS and Lore of Life (which I think many people may advise, as making bloodletters T5 is very very good). I have taken a nurgle greater daemon before and it was excellent at holding the watch tower for me along with daemonette regiment, but that was a larger game. I don't play in tournies so I may be corrected, but I don't like the greater daemons at 2k, and I think you might be better off with bloodletters than daemonettes. Also, get the horrors over 20 so you have more ablative wounds before they lose their spellcasting ability.

Brolaski
20-03-2012, 15:23
Also, I don't think you can use that greater demon build with your list, it's too many points. Lords can only be 25% or less of your army total. For a lord of exactly 500 points, your list would need to be at least 2000 points. At the moment, your's is only 1994. Don't quote me on this though. Also, keep in mind that you only have two units that can take on blocks of infantry, your daemonettes and your KoS, and neither of them can take on a horde by themselves. Just something to think about.

Akkaryn
20-03-2012, 16:46
It is 25% of the playing points total not army total.

I would also advise against a keeper at 2k points. Go for another unit of daemonettes and a naked herald if you can squeeze it in with the hero points. They will be much more efficient than a kipper.

What lore are you going for with the herald? I'd recommend beasts. But a lot of people would say shadow or life.

HalfBlood
20-03-2012, 20:46
Im going to first say that the first list is better then SATS.

I have been playing daemons since 7th, since the glory days.... Heres is your flaws in list 1:

Greater Daemons can barely do anything in games under 2,400. I suggest bumping it up to that point cost, you will find that most tournaments are 2,400-2,500 because of this.

So I would drop the Keeper for somthing else .

Core:

As you play more daemons you will realize that the only viable core is BloodLetters. Here is my chart of the core blocks from worst to best:

Plaguebearers- Weak to Purple Sun/Pit of Shades (I 1) and these guys can only take their regen, or their ward. Last edition they could take both so they were pretty nasty, however now they are pretty bad.

Pink Horrors- S 3 T 3, very pathetic CC, weak to shooting, expensive for their points, the magic you get from them is pretty poor, basically spells you cast from these guys is wasting your magic phase(remember you can get any lore you want from HoT with MoS). The only bonus is their 4+ ward which is not worth it. Weak to Dweller Blow

---------------------------------------------------This is the 50 yard field between Pink Horrors and Daemonettes-------------------------------------

Daemonettes are far supieror, however they are still S 3 T 3. Heavily armed units are pretty tough to take out. Weak to Dwellers Blow

Bloodletters are the best core daemons got, S 5 (Dwellers Proof) I 4 (Purple Sun Proof) Killing Blow to counter Heavily armed units. Only weakness is their T3, and 1 A which can be altered in the magic phase by spells like (Bironas, or Flesh to Stone)

Heralds. Always should have a BsB with Icon of Despair. Always should have 1-2 Heralds of Tz with your build (maybe add in disc if you have points) NOTE: That the Masque is very squishy and useually gets killed in shooting/magic. Akkaryn recommends beasts, I say life/shadow all the way. Life gives you regrowth,flesh to stone, and dwellers. Shadow gives you Miasma, and other neat spells. My favorite combo with daemons is The withering (-D3 S) + Dwellers. Its a combo that daemons pull off the best.

Rare: Should always be filled with Flamers (units of 6 if possible)

I wish you good luck at your tournaments, because daemons are pretty tough to play in games under 2,400 (we cant take any level 4's........)

Pawn of Decay
21-03-2012, 10:04
Hmm ok. So if I change things around a little bit, removing the Masque and the Greater Daemon, I can come up with this instead.

Hero:

Herald of Slaneesh - 215pts
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Siren Song
- Great Icon of Despair

Herald of Tzeentch - 140pts
- Master of Sorcery
- Lore of Life

Herald of Tzeentch - 140pts
- Master of Sorcery
- Lore of Shadow

Core:

Bloodletters (35) - 475pts
- Full Command
- Banner of Endless War

Daemonettes (23) - 331pts
- Full Command
- Siren Standard

Pink Horrors (15) - 273pts
- Standard bearer
- Musician
- The Changeling
- Icon of Sorcery

Rare:

Flamers of Tzeentch (6) - 210pts

Flamers of Tzeentch (6) - 210pts

HalfBlood
21-03-2012, 20:27
You got to drop the horrors. at 15 they are just a waste of points. If i were you I would bring some flesh hounds.

They are what I suggest for Special. They are extremely good for their points (S 5 T 4 2 wounds and 2 A) You can get a unit of 6 for 210, then spend left over points on the Daemonettes

Kierandalby2288
23-03-2012, 09:15
I suggest,dropping the horrors for furies,maybe 2 units of 5,then drop 1 unit of flamers then split the other unit into a 3 and a 4,then try fit a khorne herald in there for the bloodletters,trust me hatred on bloodletters is filth,ooh and I suggest lore of light and shadow,ASF bloodletters with 2A is awesome.
Just my oppinion I play against tournament deamons all the time and it's so hard with all the cheap chaff they have.

Pawn of Decay
23-03-2012, 16:27
Hmm without the Horrors where do you put the Tzeentch Heralds?

Flesh Hounds are good, and an option I was looking out. Just started to run out of points.

No matter what I do, I can't get any more Heralds without dropping at least 1 of the ones I already have.

Points are maxed out in that regards...

Kierandalby2288
25-03-2012, 12:29
Try dropping the slanneh,and the daemonettes and add another unit of bloodletters and a herald of khorne with armour if khorne and the BSB and -2 leadership banner,put wings of horror on your tzeench heralds, or pop them into a unit of flamers as I suggested earlier,a unit of 4 and 3 will be enough in 2000 points.so your army should be summat like this

Tzeench herald
MoS shadow

Tzeench herald
MoS light

Khorne herald
Armour of khorne,BSB,-2 ld banner

30x bloodletters
Full command,D6 charge banner

29xbloodletters
Full command

5xfuries
5xfurirs