PDA

View Full Version : 2.5K Double Hellcannon WoC

lisaundead
21-03-2012, 10:56
Im wanting to try out the double Hellcannon Doom Totem WoC list as another variant to my growing Warriors army.
I have the 2 Hellcannons already and I just love em.
So far I have approx 2300 pts in the list and need advice on what to add with the last 200 pts.

SORCEROR LORD - Lv 4 , Lore of Death, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet

EXALTED HERO - MoT, Shield, BSB - Doom Totem

WARRIORS OF CHAOS (23) - MoT, Shields, Full Command, Blasted Standard
WARRIORS OF CHAOS (18) - MoK, Halberds, Full Command
CHAOS WARHOUNDS (5)
CHAOS WARHOUNDS (5)
CHAOS WARHOUNDS (5)

CHAOS KNIGHTS (8) - MoN, Full Command, Banner of Rage

HELLCANNON
HELLCANNON

Total so far: 2346

Plan would be for Lord + BSB in Tzeentch block with Khorne Block alongside.
Knights would be wherever the threat lay and a Hellcannon on each flank.
Dogs running around screening, WM hunting etc.

What could I get with the spare 150 pts that would add to the list?

An additional sorceror perhaps or some throw away horsemen?

Advice and suggestions gratefully receieved as usual.

Thanks

Morax
21-03-2012, 13:10
150 points sounds like a mark of tzeentch warshrine to me. The 3++ it has at T6 is enough to make it a very durable speed bump. The buff it throws out will make a blender/anvil unit all the more effective. Don't think you could find a better place for those points... Only other option that comes to mind would be 5 units of 5 dogs.

Other than that it looks spot on for a double cannon list. Should work quite well.

lisaundead
21-03-2012, 15:00
150 points sounds like a mark of tzeentch warshrine to me. The 3++ it has at T6 is enough to make it a very durable speed bump. The buff it throws out will make a blender/anvil unit all the more effective. Don't think you could find a better place for those points... Only other option that comes to mind would be 5 units of 5 dogs.

Other than that it looks spot on for a double cannon list. Should work quite well.

Doh....I didnt even consider a tzeentch Warshrine!!
Perfect Idea, thanks :)

Galley
21-03-2012, 16:36
You need a PANDAmonium caster. I suggest changing your sorc lord to tz, throw in another sorc if you really want death.

Morax
23-03-2012, 21:26
I disagree on the change to the tzeench wizard. At leadership 10 with a BSB that general's unit, if affected by doom and darkness, runs 70% of the time. Making the rest of your opponent's units panic after that is easy as instead of relying on a mage multiple times you have driven off the general for the rest of the game. I say stick with the death wizard as he has better usages aside from doom and darkness then the tzeentch wizard does aside from pandemonium and is just as effective at sending units fleeing.

zielonkak
24-03-2012, 13:57
A third hell cannon could work if you trim some points off

Thalenchar
24-03-2012, 15:42
A third hell cannon could work if you trim some points off

Except you canīt take a third hellcannon unless you play 3000+ points. I'd leave the Death Sorc as well; Morax has it spot on.

lisaundead
24-03-2012, 21:22
I wouldnt go for a 3rd Hellcannon even if I could...too much of a good thing I think!
And I think that Ill try the Death mage and if it doesnt work Ill try the Tzeentch sorceror.

Im looking forward to trying this list out :)