PDA

View Full Version : 2400 High Elf Musing

SoulGlaive
21-03-2012, 15:58
Im currently considering starting up an elf army to offset my ogres.

This is my attempt at a high elf list with no experience what so ever.

Archmage - Level 4, Silver Wand, Folariath's Robe, Lore of Shadow = 315

Mage - Level 2, Seerstaff, Lore of Metal = 165

Noble - BSB, Armor of Caledor, Dawnstone, Great Weapon = 168

12 Archers - musician = 137
25 Sea Guard - full command, flame banner = 335

20 Phoenix Guard - full command, razor banner = 375
20 White Lions - full command = 330
5 Dragon Princes - musician = 160

Eagle = 50
Eagle = 50

Currently at 2222 of 2400

Considering Caradryan or adding to the white lions and phoenix guard. Or maybe thereís something else those points can be better spent on? Like i said Iím just tossing around a few ideas right now trying to see what id be getting myself into. Any advice / suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Rillix
21-03-2012, 16:21
Getting the banner of sorcery in there would be very useful, extra power dice for all those spells. Caradryan in with the white lions to give them a 4+ against magic as well.

thrawn
21-03-2012, 22:52
looks good. i would maybe add some more pheonix guard or WL so that you can make a hoard, then take lore of life. nothing more annoying for your opponent then to run into T7 elves!

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
22-03-2012, 06:04
Im currently considering starting up an elf army to offset my ogres.

This is my attempt at a high elf list with no experience what so ever.

Archmage - Level 4, Silver Wand, Folariath's Robe, Lore of Shadow = 315

Mage - Level 2, Seerstaff, Lore of Metal = 165

Noble - BSB, Armor of Caledor, Dawnstone, Great Weapon = 168

25 Sea Guard - full command, flame banner = 335

20 Phoenix Guard - full command, razor banner = 375
20 White Lions - full command = 330
5 Dragon Princes - musician = 160

Eagle = 50
Eagle = 50

Currently at 2222 of 2400

Considering Caradryan or adding to the white lions and phoenix guard. Or maybe thereís something else those points can be better spent on? Like i said Iím just tossing around a few ideas right now trying to see what id be getting myself into. Any advice / suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

This is a good start for your army IMO. As for what to do with the remaining 178 pts. Caradryan or adding more White Lions or Phoenix Guard aren't bad choices at all. Caradryan gives this army a true character killer that also gives a boost to any unit he joins with his MR3 ability. Numbers in either Phoenix Guard or White Lions can help for combat res so it also a viable option.

If you don't go with Caradryan my suggestions would be to shore up your magic defenses by giving the 2nd lvl. Mage the Annulian Crystal instead of the Seerstaff (if you do this I'd suggest switching to High Magic for the 2nd Lvl. Mage as it can give you more flexible spells to roll from in addtion to getting Drain Magic spell automatically as an additional magic deterrent), give one of the elite units the Banner of Sorcery to give you extra power dice during your magic phases, upgrade the Dragon Princes to have a standard bearer & the Banner of Ellryion to give them greater mobility for flanking manuvers. Also I'd suggest giving the BSB the Guardian Phoenix for a 5+ ward save (in my experience it works out better than the Dawnstone if the figure is on foot). Then with the remaining points I'd suggest upgrading the Phoenix Guard so the can get another rank for steadfasts purposes assuming you go with my recommendations (the White Lions can do well on their own if the BSB is placed with them).

I hope that helps.