PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dice

Robbie_1984
21-03-2012, 21:27
Hello all

Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section, but wasnt sure where would be the best place to post this.

I'm looking to try and find some nice Blood Angel Dice, i've had a look around on the net and found a few places that do make custom dice, but was wondering if anyone has already done something similar, or can recommend the best place to buy some along with the process.

The colour I'm thinking is black with the dots red (sort of Death Company Themed) and maybe some sort of logo on one of the sides?

wyvirn
21-03-2012, 22:07
http://chessex.com/Dice/Opaque%20Dice/25418.htm
I don't know where you would find a place that would inscribe blood angel logo into the dice, but it might be out there.

Alkemy
22-03-2012, 12:07
A guy on the necrontyr forum has some custom necron dice from chessex with a necron symbol as the 6

http://necrontyronline.freeforums.org/post5068.html?hilit=custom%20dice#p5068

Good luck!

AlphariusOmegon20
22-03-2012, 16:41
Chessex will put whatever you want on a die side.

They prolly already have the BA symbol in their computer. I know they already have the SW symbol and the DA one.

DEADMARSH
22-03-2012, 19:09
I had a bunch of D6's made up by Chessex back in 2008. Going back through some email, looks like I got 24 six-sided Arctic Camo w/ Black 16mm with a single color custom image (I provided) for a buck a piece, plus shipipng & handling. No idea if that's the current price rate or not, but there ya go.

The email I used was custom@chessex.com. The contact was Joe Kogin.

I honestly couldn't have been happier with the result. Super cool and have received many compliments on them over the years. Good stuff!

EDIT: Oh, and at the time anyway, you could get the custom treatment on any die they made. Have a look on their site, then email Joe what kind, color, and quantity along with the artwork you want and he'll generate a die and send you pics of it along with a quote. It's a surprisingly painless process.

AlphariusOmegon20
24-03-2012, 08:58
I had a bunch of D6's made up by Chessex back in 2008. Going back through some email, looks like I got 24 six-sided Arctic Camo w/ Black 16mm with a single color custom image (I provided) for a buck a piece, plus shipipng & handling. No idea if that's the current price rate or not, but there ya go.

The email I used was custom@chessex.com. The contact was Joe Kogin.

I honestly couldn't have been happier with the result. Super cool and have received many compliments on them over the years. Good stuff!

EDIT: Oh, and at the time anyway, you could get the custom treatment on any die they made. Have a look on their site, then email Joe what kind, color, and quantity along with the artwork you want and he'll generate a die and send you pics of it along with a quote. It's a surprisingly painless process.

I think the price they quoted me a few months ago was $.80 per die and they can no longer do the speckled as customs, as they are being slowly phased out as an custom option.

I'm not sure if Joe's still there or not. I know one of the guys in the custom dept. is retiring sometime this year, but I don't remember which one it is. His retirement is the reason why the speckled custom dice are being phased out.