PDA

View Full Version : how to get meltas

gutsmaka
22-03-2012, 08:50
I dont know if this is i the place to post it, but what is the best way to buy lots of meltas cheaply. (I need them for making sternguard combi weapons)

Sigtyr
22-03-2012, 09:07
I think the best bet is just to get them from the GW site or a store if any carry them. They are in the bitz section and they are around $8 for 5. Ebay might be a good place to look, but you will probably get screwed over on shipping charges.

AndrewGPaul
22-03-2012, 09:28
The cheapest way is to scrounge them. Secondly is to convert them. It's simple enough, since the defining feature of a meltagun is the cylindrical barrel - easily made from plastic tube. Then there's bits sellers on Ebay, and finally you can buy them from Games Workshop.

gutsmaka
22-03-2012, 09:46
thanks guys
(put in for word count a do be)

Oppressor
22-03-2012, 15:39
You can buy the commander combimeltas on ebay, but they are disgustingly expensive.

The meltaguns that GW still sells in their bitz section are metal I think, so harder to convert as well to me at least, they're very well priced though.

The Marshel
22-03-2012, 16:07
there is no real cheap and easy way to do it quickly. with patients and luck you can slowly get plastic meltas and even the sternguard combi melta off of ebay, but unless you want to spend a lot it wont happen any time soon.

It helps if you're not running 10 combi meltas in the squad too! personally i find it excessive and though not expensive in points not worth the effort to get them. I've found 3 combi meltas and 2 combi plasmas combined with special ammo and a heavy flamer, gives my sternguard the right tools to reliably take down a tank, kill a MC in a single round of shooting with decent luck and generally deal a fair bit of damage to just about anything. So consider exactly how many combi meltas you really need first.