PDA

View Full Version : WHen Charging can you leave the priest behind?

Eladimir
22-03-2012, 15:34
I've googled lots of discussion about how characters can charge out of the unit.

My question is can I have my unit charge the enemy but leave the character behind, possibly free to move around after charges are resolved.

Hell Storm
22-03-2012, 15:37
No. Either the character can charge out of a unit by himself (leaving the unit to do as it wishes, other than charge) or the whole unit charges. Those are the only options.

oldWitheredCorpse
22-03-2012, 16:40
No. Either the character can charge out of a unit by himself (leaving the unit to do as it wishes, other than charge) or the whole unit charges. Those are the only options.

Declare a charge you will fail, if it applies. That's the only loophole.

Galley
22-03-2012, 16:50

That's very helpful to know, thanks!

T10
22-03-2012, 17:54

This is pretty bad advice. Presumably you want for the unit to charge and for the character to leave the unit. The above achieves neither.

Failing a charge with the unit will still deny the character the chance to leave the unit. Failing a charge with the character means he's stuck out in the open, unable to move any further.

Add to that the fact that you're not allowed to declare a charge if there is clearly no chance of success and there's a real possibility that you may accidentally succeed...

RanaldLoec
22-03-2012, 18:03
A character leaving a unit also ends that units movement phase, the same as a character joining a unit.

vardek_4
22-03-2012, 19:49
A character leaving a unit also ends that units movement phase, the same as a character joining a unit.

No. You can move the character out and then move the unit normally. You can't leave the unit if it has moved already.