PDA

View Full Version : Suprise release for the 7th ?

jtrowell
23-03-2012, 19:49
I just got back from my local GW store juste before the closing hour, and the red shirt has been telling everybody that something "that would please everyone" was supposed to be released on the 7th, and that they will get it in store starting tomorrow to make demo (she was encouraging everyone to come back tomorrow to participate/try the new "thing").

It is supposed to neitheir be the new paints, nor the rumoured Empire release for fantasy, so I don't know what to expect.

From what I understand, the official site should be updated soon with an announce about this mysterious release.

Does someone has more info or theory about what it could be ?

Sildani
23-03-2012, 19:59
It's the new paint I think - my GW manager told me very similar tidings.

jtrowell
23-03-2012, 20:06
tha's what i was thinking too, but she seemed to imply that it was something else, that "we didn't see since ate least 10 years".

Sildani
23-03-2012, 20:18
Which I think was the last time the paint range experienced a tremendous overhaul. But it's "just" the new paints.

shelfunit.
23-03-2012, 20:24
I just got back from my local GW store juste before the closing hour, and the red shirt has been telling everybody that something "that would please everyone" was supposed to be released on the 7th,

Possibly the greatest over statement of the year so far. Grab your favourite colours whilst you can, or just get them from vallejo...

Sgt John Keel
23-03-2012, 20:29
Possibly the greatest over statement of the year so far. Grab your favourite colours whilst you can, or just get them from vallejo...

Considering indies usually seem to liquidate old stock for about 1 a pot, it's not too bad.

shelfunit.
23-03-2012, 20:31
Considering indies usually seem to liquidate old stock for about 1 a pot, it's not too bad.

I have never seen this in action - I would love to :)

jtrowell
23-03-2012, 20:39
There's just one thing that seems strange if it is really just the new paints: why would they need/want to do a pre-release one week earlier in stores to allow the shops to demo them ?

For a new game, or even for just some new models, having the store get them in advance to present them would seems a good idea (and GW used to do it before), but *paints* ?

shelfunit.
23-03-2012, 20:51
To make sure people a) like them and b) can get use to the names - all of which (like the colours) are brand new.

ColShaw
23-03-2012, 21:31
It'll be the greatest thing since the moon landing... :shifty:

SunTzu
24-03-2012, 00:56
The redshirt at the local GW is trying to drum up a frenzy on the store Facebook page... "VISIT THIS PAGE AT MIDNIGHT FOR A REALLY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!" etc. I've been so tempted to say "yeah, it's paint" but then again who am I to widdle on his bonfire? The dude's got a job to do I suppose.

Druchii Monkey
24-03-2012, 01:07
It'll be the greatest thing since the moon landing... :shifty:

Yeh, but in colour because the moon landing was kind of black and white wasn't it? I for one am very excited. :evilgrin:

AngelofSorrow
24-03-2012, 03:04
It is the paints.

Ready for eternal war!

Jo-Jo
24-03-2012, 03:08
It is, almost defiantly, paint.

/thread

Greendragon
24-03-2012, 04:45
you know what I was thinking earlier... I was daydreaming while painting my High Elves and I thought, ya'know - this colour could do with changing a little bit in shade so that I have to change my entire army to match it. Then I thought... the name of this paint right here, this needs changing - it REALLY needs a new name, yeah thats a good idea! And I thought maybe they could charge more for this new paint as well. OMG wait... did GW steal my dreams again? DAMIT!

EDIT: Unsure if the price or shade is actually changing but this is how my mind works.

Wintermute
24-03-2012, 05:58
Already being discussed here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?328701-New-Citadel-Paints-%28Was-Gossip-GW-paints-to-be-discontinued-in-march%29)

Thread Closed

Wintermute