PDA

View Full Version : Empire List on the road to 2000pts Critiques

Private_SeeD
24-03-2012, 00:45
Now this is a mixed bag I have most of this stuff bar Captain Edvard Van Der Kraal and the Manann blades, it come to under 1250pts. I hope to hit the 2000 mark but was hoping that some of the more battle hardened campaigners can critique the list cause I'm sure its lacking in certain areas. I do own some knights but not sure how many and where they are thou

Hero
Captain Edvard Van Der Kraal (in the Manann's Blades)
Warrior Priest: Heavy Armour and Shield (with the Halberdiers)
Battle Standard Bearer: Armour of meteroic iron (with the Halberdiers)

Core
29 Manann's Blade with FC and Sea bride Standard
47 Halberdiers and shields with Full Command

Special
5 Outriders with Musician
Mortar
Cannon

Rare
Rocket Battery or Volley Gunn
1161pt

D'Haran
24-03-2012, 14:25
Looks like a decent list.

I'd make the WP your general and get a mage instead of the captain.

Take the rockets unless you see a lot of knights.

Drop the shields from the halberdiers since they can't use them in combat and that's where you want them.

Change your outriders to pistoliers, outriders have difficulty hitting anything and pistoliers can move and shoot which makes them pretty awesome as a harrying unit.

Wouldn't mind seeing a unit of knights in here since your close to 100pts short anyways.

Efrovius
27-03-2012, 16:12
New to the Empire, looking to build a 2K army also, and not understanding D'Haran's suggestions and I don't have my book with me:

Why do Outriders have "difficulty hitting anything" when their BS is 4 or 5 vs. Pistoliers BS 3 or 4? Are Outriders Move or Shoot and Pistoliers Quick to Fire or something?

Do you find the Rocket Battery more reliable/predictable than the Volley Gun? Not that the above list has one, but even with an Engineer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

D'Haran
28-03-2012, 12:42
Hey again, you nailed the hammer on the head with the outriders, move or shoot. This is due to 8th edition and GW seems unable to write a decent FAQ to fix the problem, or like how the Engineer no longer gives a BS bonus to the Volley gun. Pistoliers are still move and fire which makes them a superior choice, while the Rocket Battery might be inaccurate yet when it hits everything dies, unlike the Volley gun which can barely hit and was made to kill knights which you no longer see on the field.

Of course in a week or two all this is academic since a new book is coming out.

Efrovius
28-03-2012, 13:23
Hey again, you nailed the hammer on the head with the outriders, move or shoot. This is due to 8th edition and GW seems unable to write a decent FAQ to fix the problem, or like how the Engineer no longer gives a BS bonus to the Volley gun. Pistoliers are still move and fire which makes them a superior choice, while the Rocket Battery might be inaccurate yet when it hits everything dies, unlike the Volley gun which can barely hit and was made to kill knights which you no longer see on the field.

Of course in a week or two all this is academic since a new book is coming out.

Which new book is coming out? Empire Army book?

purge the daemon
28-03-2012, 20:15
Yes my dear. Sir tons of big things will be included check the rumors page!!!

Odin
28-03-2012, 20:20
Which new book is coming out? Empire Army book?

I do believe you may have been living in a cave!