PDA

View Full Version : castering in combat/ green knight

Lance Tankmen
24-03-2012, 09:41
i know you can cast in close combat from the back correct? example( a empire wizard with lore of beasts uses the signature from lore of beast to buff his unit of great swords). Lets say hes in the front rank touching an enemy unit is he allowed to cast still? Example for this would be a vampire in close combat, can they cast their signature spell or do they have to move to the back to do so? Also can you buff other units that are in a combat your wizard isn't in or is he focusing only on his unit?

As for the green knight, in the 3rd paragraph for Guardian of the scared sites it states " if the green knight is within (or moves into) a 'natural' piece of scenery during the remaining move phase, then he may instantly be removed from the table and replaced anywhere on the table within another 'natural' piece of terrain" does this mean it can be used in combat, because it doesn't state that it cant be, and he is REMOVED so i assumed its a loop hole, and lore wise it seems legit to me, as that's how he fights

Hell Storm
24-03-2012, 11:29
Q1: Because both of the spells you mentioned are Augment spells, then can be cast on units in combat. See page 31 about spell types.

Q2: It looks like it would be legal. I can't find any other restrictions so go for it.

T10
24-03-2012, 13:33
1. There is no restriction that says a wizard cannot cast spells while in base contact with an enemy or he has joined unit that is engaged in close combat.

However the Magic Missile spell type specifically has these restrictions.

Dirty Mac
24-03-2012, 14:19
I am not sure if it negates the Characters can not leave a unit if it is in combat rule.

Hell Storm
24-03-2012, 15:29
The Green Knight can never leave the unit he is with because he is always his own unit, so that rule doesn't apply.

Lance Tankmen
24-03-2012, 19:22
i'm going to go with he can teleport out of combat

apbevan
27-03-2012, 18:55
As for the green knight, in the 3rd paragraph for Guardian of the scared sites it states " if the green knight is within (or moves into) a 'natural' piece of scenery during the remaining move phase, then he may instantly be removed from the table and replaced anywhere on the table within another 'natural' piece of terrain" does this mean it can be used in combat, because it doesn't state that it cant be, and he is REMOVED so i assumed its a loop hole, and lore wise it seems legit to me, as that's how he fights It does not state your Green Knight can Fly, this does not mean he can.

Once engaged in combat you can't move out of combat unless something specifically says you can. This ability is letting you move during the remaining moves phase to another location. Further it talks about not moving any further that turn and that you can not end your move in impassable terrain. Sounds like a move ability to me so combat should prevent you from using it.

Blkc57
28-03-2012, 03:13
It does not state your Green Knight can Fly, this does not mean he can.

Once engaged in combat you can't move out of combat unless something specifically says you can. This ability is letting you move during the remaining moves phase to another location. Further it talks about not moving any further that turn and that you can not end your move in impassable terrain. Sounds like a move ability to me so combat should prevent you from using it.

Fly is a specific rule you have to have in order to use, so your example doesn't really make sense.