PDA

View Full Version : Daemons for 3k Tourney next week

kaintxu
24-03-2012, 21:01
Hello.

Well Im Back. I have another tournament next weekend. 3k points. Problem is I don't have models for the list I want with 6 fiends, so I have the following 2 options which are actually quite similar.

List 1

Kairos.

The mask/ Blue scribes.

HoK, obsidian armor, BSB
HoS, siren song, torment blade.
HoT, spell breaker, MoS.
HoK, AoK, fire blade, Juggernaut

38 Bloodletters, full command, endless war icon.
23 Daemonettes, full command.
5 furies.

4 flamers.
5 flamers.
1 Fiend
5 Bloodcrushers, stander bearer, music.

2992 points total.

List 2

Kairos

The mask/ Blue scribes.

HoK, obsidian armor, BSB
HoT, spell breaker, MoS.
HoN, burgle staff (the one with the bound spell)

39 Bloodletters, full command, endless war icon.
19 Plaguebearers, full command, re-roll to wound icon.
5 furies.

4 flamers.
5 flamers.
1 Fiend.
1 Fiend
1 Fiend
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its meant to be a hard tournament. It is like Hard Boyz qualifiers for my country.

First of all on both list same doubt, Blue scribes or the Masque? I think both give me some tactical advance over my opponent.

The Masque: could let me make a hard unit slow, hunt war machines (it is great at this) reduce Ld where kairos can also take the shadows spell and we have a nice Ld Bomb, hunt light cavalries, support units...

The Blue Scribes: easy, the extra dice for kairos. At 3k I guess people will bring magic, and having extra dice can always save the day, pretty sure VC will be around with plenty of IoN castings, .......

Now about the first list I think is more aggressive, you have to deal with the bloodcrushers coming at you , as well ad the bloodletters, and the daemonetes can hurts with Okamis Mindrazor, or just +1 to wound from fire or +1 S/ +1 T from beasts.

Second list is less aggressive but more resilient. It has fiends which can be used to protect Kairos (Am I right in this statement? If I place it in front of Kairos and he shoots a cannon at me and hits him, he may as well stop the cannonball), it has more chaff, It has a nasty combo, the staff with kairos dropping D3 some unit T can be a nice surprise right?

So, which one would you guys go with, and would you make any changes?

The only models I own I could add are 10 flesh hounds, 20 horrors, 3 screamers, and some nursling bases.

kaintxu
25-03-2012, 01:50
List 3

Kairos

The masque
Blue scribes.

HoK, obsidian armor, BSB, -2 Ld Icon
HoT, spell breaker, MoS.

39 Bloodletters, full command, endless war icon.
5 furies.

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

4 flamers.
5 flamers.
1 Fiend.
1 Fiend

So this new list is taking into account some consideration.

I have removed 1 fiends, the plaguebearer unit, and the HoN.

On the other hand I have added, 2x 5 Flesh hounds, the blue scribes (I still think that if you go with kairos you really need the dice, and the banner of despair) the -2 LD, with the -1D3 of the masque can come in quite handy against units who would be steadfast against the flesh hounds or daemonettes, or against fear checks.

Codiac88
25-03-2012, 06:28
IMO list 1 or 3. 20 Plague bearers, even with regen, won't do too much. Between the two i'd take list 1. 5 bloodcrushers will hit like a ton of bricks. The flesh hounds as you know took a beating in 8th. You have better options if you want more chaff/redirectors.

kaintxu
25-03-2012, 17:05
Yea, I would go with more fiends, for example a 6 guy unit, which is fast, does a lot of attacks, and it is cheaper than the bloodcrushers.

But there is no way I can manage to get 6 fiends for next week.

Andy more help?

Gop
29-03-2012, 02:39
I'd take masque. Nothing worse than being helpless vs warmachines. If it is not a GW tournament, take anything for fiends. I use cold ones without a rider.

ps: a batrep would be nice!

HalfBlood
30-03-2012, 20:59
Drop Scribs, he is a waste of points, most likely you will be able to shut down your opponents magic anyways.

Obsidian Armor on HoK is just a more expensive Armor of Khorne, I would drop it.

You dont need fiends if you have flesh hounds. Remove your fiends to boost up your flamer units.

What spells are Karios going to take>?

Daemonnettes are going to get shot up, I would remove furies to add more daemonettes.

purge the daemon
30-03-2012, 22:32
Furies are probably for march block. Flesh hounds and fiends have diffrent jobs 1 march blocks the other flank charges both are very useful.