PDA

View Full Version : Guilder only wastes?

Marsekay
21-03-2005, 00:44
Locked?
or guilder only?
or deleted???

skavenguy13
21-03-2005, 00:59
I guess they got tired and made it guilder only once again. You saw what happened twice already, and most people blame bandwith/spam (but I prefer blaming myself, Nid and Sylass :p )
So Nick probably just made it so we'd spam less.

violenceha
21-03-2005, 01:08
how can it be guilder only with no guilders? i'd say locked and rightly so, i love it but at the moment it's definatley poison

Ass Goblin
21-03-2005, 01:09
It was closed til where on the new server then it becomes Guilder only. It makes sense really. It was taking up too much space on a forum with isn't even on a proper server yet. Makes you want to join the Guild as well..See the mods arn't silly.

Pikachu
21-03-2005, 01:12
if any of you read the stickies (yes, i know its hard sometimes but if you have enough of an IQ to post **** then you should be able to read stickies), then youd already know that theyve ditched the wastes because people were once again starting to post nothing but **** in them, which considering how fragile the server is at the moment isnt a good idea.

personally, i think the wastes should stay ditched, as all it is is an excuse for people to post ***** over and over and over, and considering how lucky portent has been, what with this temp site popping up, anyone who wants to come on portent should give thanks to those concerned who made it happen, and not abuse their work by *********** up the place like they did the last one.

you want to post ****, **** off to LONAF, thats what it was set up for.

Ass Goblin
21-03-2005, 01:16
iyou want to post ****, **** off to LONAF, thats what it was set up for.

Actually LoNAF was around almost a year before the wastoids moved there. And guess what? They closed down there wastes section down too as it was flowing into the more serious forums as well. Luckily there still a kick ass site which i'm still a member

Lord Lucifer
21-03-2005, 01:20
Pikachu, thanks for answering the question clearly, but please go easier on the tone there buddy, all friends here remember? ;)

Just watch the language and hostility a bit, swearing is technically against the forum rules even if the forum is only a temporary get-me-by

Chez
-Lucifer :)

Pikachu
21-03-2005, 01:23
i should think they did close it, because to be honest stuff like the endless spamming that used to go off in the wastes and on LONAF is really really retarded, and anyone who thinks they are badass just because they can make a post with 2000 !!!s at the end of it is really nothing more than a waste of space, and should really consider taking up a better hobby like jumping in front of buses or inhaling gas fumes or eating at mcdonalds.

remember folks, its not a tragedy, its natural selection.

violenceha
21-03-2005, 01:26
if any of you read the stickies (yes, i know its hard sometimes but if you have enough of an IQ to post **** then you should be able to read stickies), then youd already know that theyve ditched the wastes because people were once again starting to post nothing but **** in them, which considering how fragile the server is at the moment isnt a good idea.

personally, i think the wastes should stay ditched, as all it is is an excuse for people to post ***** over and over and over, and considering how lucky portent has been, what with this temp site popping up, anyone who wants to come on portent should give thanks to those concerned who made it happen, and not abuse their work by *********** up the place like they did the last one.

so we can expect nothing but gold from you then?
this is exactly the kind of posting that can be completely avoided by only posting in the wastes, it was a great community and i look forward to getting it back and becoming a guilder again.

Marsekay
21-03-2005, 01:29
Well I think they should keep the wastes, when the forums back and going strong, i can understand the reasons for closing it now, but I think its fine to have, if the forum can take it, why shouldnt it be there? SAying its full of retarded people and comments? yes thats probably true, but those people are probably happy. and are posting there as it makes them happy. When i go to say a pub community, we dont all sit there talking about 1 topic, we like to have a laugh and a joke too, its what makes a community dynamic. if you dont like whats in there, dont look.
but dont make everyone else have to keep their mouths shut just because they want a laugh and a bit of fun.

When the servers can take it, i am for the return of the wastes.

EDIT: I dont normally feel the need to argue a point. I let people carry on as they are, but i hate being told to sit down and shut up and carry on with my work. reminds me too much of school.
I dont mind the wastes being down while the servers are being sorted. I can fully understand why. so dont argue against me and say i want to blow the server up by talking crap because i dont.i can save that till we have "power".

TWB
21-03-2005, 01:39

and should really consider taking up a better hobby like jumping in front of buses or inhaling gas fumes or eating at mcdonalds.

Keep the Language Civil, everyone else has managed to so far. Failure to do so will result in being ejected from the site.

On a different subject, could you decide which of your accounts you wish to use.

Pikachu
21-03-2005, 01:41
this one will do for now.