25 x Horrors of Tzeentch
- Musician
- Iridescent Horror
- Standard Bearer

RARE

6 x Flamers of Tzeentch

6 x Flamers of Tzeentch

ARMY TOTAL - 2500

What do you think? This is my first shot at an all Tzeentch Daemon army (from what I've read Horrors aren't great but I refuse to mix Gods in my Chaos armies).
Although I've been playing WHFB on and off for over ten years now I havn't played a game of 8th edition yet. How do you think this'll do?

HalfBlood
26-03-2012, 22:51
Herald of Tz cant have more then 50 pts worth of equipment. You gave him MoS (25pts) and Power Vortex (30pts). Remove Power Vortex for disc or spellbreaker.

When it comes to Core Horrors just are not worth it. You need to have solid choices like BloodLetters or Daemonettes.

Flamers are excelent

I run Fateweaver spells you should take are
(Dwellers Blow, Throne of Vines, Regrowroth, Bironas Time Warp) ( Purple Sun, Miasma, Withering, ?)

Herald of Tz should always have life:

Whut
26-03-2012, 22:56
Took Fateweaver? Check
Took Flamers? Check
Heralds with Life? Check

Fix up the equipment, Heralds can only have up to 50 points. I suggest Loremaster(Life) no question, and either spellbreaker or the one that gives the Flamer shooting attack.

Just replace the Horrors with Bloodletters and proceed to win every game :D

HalfBlood
27-03-2012, 04:19
Took Fateweaver? Check
Took Flamers? Check
Heralds with Life? Check

Fix up the equipment, Heralds can only have up to 50 points. I suggest Loremaster(Life) no question, and either spellbreaker or the one that gives the Flamer shooting attack.

Just replace the Horrors with Bloodletters and proceed to win every game :D

You clearly dont know how to play daemons if you feel that with the build I stated above will give him a win every game. Daemons are actually a middle-tier army due to expensive/fragile Lords, and underaverage Core and Special units. With the build that I stated above will give him the best chance of winning, however in know circumstances will he win everygame.

squirtopus
27-03-2012, 13:05
I have to agree with halfblood, I've been playing daemons for 3 years now. In 7th ed they were point click win, in 8th, whole different balgame. I'd rate them middle tier as well. They are for sure behind the likes of skaven ( totally OP) lizardmen (just normal OP) warriors of chaos (tzeentch chosenstar) dark elves (dual hydra, unkillable dreadlord, frenzy shadowsairs).
Imho, the only race able to pump out always win builds are skaven. Nobody is going to beat, dual grey seer, dual wlc, dual hell pit, slave spam, mortar spam. Easy as that, you just start the game of by rolling average on your winds of magic 7, you got on average four warpstone dice ( 2 tokens a seer) bam, 6 dice dreaded each grey seer at your opponents death star, make him pick up 8d6 dead guys, he starts crying, you mop up with aboms, game is over.

HalfBlood
27-03-2012, 21:43
Agreed........

mistrmoon
28-03-2012, 00:57
Deamons are better then middle tier, admittedly they are not the free win they were last ed but they are still excellent now. Say they are not as good as specific builds from other books is not a fair comparison. Deamons are still to tier, you still get blood letters for core which are better then most other core in the game, plaguebearers are good and deamonettes are meh. I hardly consider their lords 'fragile', yes they are unable to hide in units but blood thirsters will still kill anything they touch in CC and for the most part won't be bothered by return swings. Your heralds are still good for their points and you have enough deamonic gifts that are still awesome (Loremaster for 25 points? yes please. Multiple d scrolls?)

Just because you can't walk down the field with complete impunity and autowin doesnt mean they have gone down that much, they are still one of the best books.

HalfBlood
28-03-2012, 05:01
Deamons are better then middle tier, admittedly they are not the free win they were last ed but they are still excellent now. Say they are not as good as specific builds from other books is not a fair comparison. Deamons are still to tier, you still get blood letters for core which are better then most other core in the game, plaguebearers are good and deamonettes are meh. I hardly consider their lords 'fragile', yes they are unable to hide in units but blood thirsters will still kill anything they touch in CC and for the most part won't be bothered by return swings. Your heralds are still good for their points and you have enough deamonic gifts that are still awesome (Loremaster for 25 points? yes please. Multiple d scrolls?)

Just because you can't walk down the field with complete impunity and autowin doesnt mean they have gone down that much, they are still one of the best books.

Your completely wrong.

Bloodletters are pretty fragile and pathetic for a 12 point core unit. With T 3 and 5+ Ward most armies can just outgun them. Then when it comes down to CC, they will get slaughtered by any unit with higher I, ASF, or just purely more models. Plaguebearers are I 1, they are like begging for a purple sun to the face. Not to mention you cant take their regen after their ward because of the new edition. These guys are just terrible. Deamonettes are just weaker bloodletters who struggle against heavily armed units aswell. They are also weak to dwellers blow.

What bugs me the most is that people are just terrified by blood letters, like seriously CC they have 1 Attack and I 4 and T3......

Lords are pretty fragile and expensive. Drop a cannon/stonethrower shot at them and watch 500+ points go down the drain because they have a pathetic 5+ ward, not to mention the D6 wounds after they fail their ward save. My question for Mistrmoon is have you played this edition? Bloodthirsters would get slaughtered in Combat res due to the new rules, and if he does win combat the enemy unit is steadfast...

heralds are one of the best so I cant disagree with that.

I never said our book is terrible, however its middle tier here is my rating of the books.

Top Tier

Dark Elves
High Elves
Skaven
Warriors of Chaos
Beastmen

Middle Tier

Daemons of Chaos
Lizardmen
Dwarves
Empire
Ogres

Low Tier
OnG
Tomb Kings
Vampire Counts
Bretonians
Wood Elves

Avalanche
28-03-2012, 12:23
>Warriors of Chaos
>Top tier
Please teach me how to top tier with WoC.

squirtopus
28-03-2012, 12:40
@avalanche: allright i'll chime in on this one. 60 marauders: GW, mark of khorne, big ass block chosen tzeentch warriors, dual hell canon, bsb 2D6 no armour save shooting attack on disc and 1+ 4+ save, Big ass immune to killing blow fighting lord in 6-7 knights, 4+ ward flag , some doggies, a lvl 4 with infernal puppet to top it of. Tadaaaa