PDA

View Full Version : 2k Vamps, 2 lists for consideration

Brolaski
26-03-2012, 18:18
The first list I have is a necromancer heavy army that focuses mainly on trying to raise and heal as much as the can.

Lord:
M. Necro - lvl4, staff of damnation

Hero:
Necro - lvl1 (x3, one has a D. Scroll)

Core:
Zombies - x40, Standard (x4, one unit has 39 zombies)
Skeles - x10, full command
Dire wolves - x5 (x2)

Spec:
Mortis Engine - Tome
Corpse Cart
Vargheist - x6 (x2)

Thinking of using my zombies as anvils, skeles as necro bunker, and my vargheists as the hammers.

Things I'm thinking of changing: Use two lvl 4 necros instead of 1 and a few lvl1's - Change Vargheists to crypt horrors (just not sure which one would be better for this list.) - Take out corpse cart, not sure if it's worth the 90 points.

LIST #2

Lord:
Vamp - lvl1, vamp, Red Fury, Quickblood, Sword of Bloodshed, Ironcurse icon, heavy armor, shield, dragonhelm, dawnstone, Barded nightmare

Hero:
Necro - lvl2, D Scroll, Vamp
Wight King - Bsb, Banner of the Barrows, Lance, Shield, Skeletal Steed, Barding

Core:
Zombies - standard (x3, one unit has a musician)
Wolves - x6 (x3, one unit has 5 wolves)

Spec:
Black Knights - x9, full command, Lance, Barding
Vargheists - x6

Rare:
Black Coach

This is more of a beat stick kind of list. Tarpit a unit with my zombies, crush them with my knights. Wolves can hunt warmachines or redirect charges.

What do you guys think? Which list is the better? What would you change?

thanks a lot!

Maoriboy007
26-03-2012, 22:56
List 2 easy. List 1 will get bogged down and never win everything. I'm assuming the Necromancer has Master of the dead. If you have a level 4 already , you might be better turning the level 1 into a combat vampire if you can juggle some points. Vargiests can prove a dissapointment in the smash department unfortunately.

Death Korp
26-03-2012, 23:10
I'd use the first list, but change it a little:

Lord:
M. Necro - lvl4, staff of damnation

Hero:
Necro - lvl1 (x3, one has a D. Scroll)

Core:
Zombies - x38, Standard (x4, one unit has 40 zombies)
Skeles - x20, full command
Dire wolves - x5 (x2)

Spec:
Mortis Engine - Tome
Corpse Cart - Unholy Lodestone
Vargheist - x4
Crypt Horrors- x8

Made the list more nasty. Adding the Crypt Horrors adds some much needed punch from your frontline units, the Varghiests are reduced to 4, as they can be easily lead around the battlefield with a low Leadership and frenzy, an you don't want alot of points being baited by 2 50 point eagles or whatever :P
Some upgrades thrown in, the Skeletons made bigger to survive longer as a bunker.

Hope that helps!

Wesser
27-03-2012, 13:12
List 2 have the "Bretonnia problem".

It features some powerful hitters who cant cope with steadfast, and the zombies (men-at-arms) are just combat resolution in the pocket of the opponent if you try to hammer/anvil it.

The zombies won't tarpit for long without magical support of which you dont have enough. You'd probably wanna swap all the zombies for skeletons (preferrably with screaming banner) or ghouls.

List 1 relies too much on the vargheists to do damage and while with vanhel/hellish vigour on them they can do that, you still lack killing power. Especially since a clever opponent will take out your gheists first (you only heal them slowly). Vargheists dont rly mesh well with magic heavy lists in my opinion.

Death Korp's alternative List 1 is a step up since Crypt Horrors gets more heals from magic heavy armies, but the army lacks punch. You'll be extremely reliant on invocations in the magic phase and have big trouble with the "Hard" armies such as brets and dwarves. You'll simply struggle to kill anything at all