King Arthur
27-03-2012, 15:36
Bretonnian Lord
Barded Bret warhorse
Gromrill Great Helm
Crown of Command
Heartwood lance
Shield
good at leading units fighting and being durable!!!

please any comments or improvements please share!

Wesser
27-03-2012, 15:59
For what he'll cost ya he aint really good at anything is he? You could get an entire knightly lance for that outlay.

If running a combat lord then kit him with one of the killy virtues and trust the lady for his protection. This fellow would need savage beast of horros to be be effective

I personally dont like the crown of command for Brets... If we need it then its usually because we've been charged in the flank and that means youve been outmanuevered.... and brets are one of the most maneuverable armies there is..if not the best.
Needing it would mean I had ****ed up big time either not protecting my flanks or charging an enemy I couldnt beat.

Morax
27-03-2012, 18:41
Heroic killing blow vow, sword of strife, charmed shield, the other trickster's shard, royal pegasus. Field him behind a unit of ranked up peasent bowmen with defensive stakes and you are good. Go kill monsters that the rest of your list can't and he will make his points back in no time.

samw
27-03-2012, 19:26
On a pegasus I'd probably say he was quite good, but on a horse surely you either want a monster killer (VoH, Sword of Bloodshed) or a duellist (serveral builds but all with Virtue of Confidence and gauntlet of the duel). The reason to take a Bret Lord instead of more knights is that he can bring to the table something a few more knights couldn't. Not sure I'm seeing that here.

Brother Malleus
27-03-2012, 23:46
I'm with Wesser on this the only thing in the Bret book I consider for crown of command is a Levl 4 in a horde of peasant archers

Lance Tankmen
28-03-2012, 00:20
heres my lord
Tankmen 110
grail vow 28
warhorse 21
shield 3
Virtue of heroism 40
gromril great helm 30
mantle of damsel elena 20
gauntlet of the duel 10
total 262

He normally goes solo monster hunting or lord dueling, he doesnt need str because hes just relying on HK, he doesnt have any magic weapon but has grail vow for ethereal units, he has a 1+ re-reollable and the blessing for ward save, you dont truely need gauntlet or the mantle, its just i play Daemons and VC (grave guard n ghouls) so i run it and the VC turns down every duel issued ..... so you can use 30 points for a weapon, like the +1 to hit to increase the chance to wound and get a 6.

purge the daemon
28-03-2012, 00:40
At my local GW the current top army list is bretonians

He uses all knights and trebuchet 1 wizard and a BSB 1 lord I belive he just buys a horse a lance and heavy armour and shield

The whole thing is that he buys a cheep leadership boosting charectar but this allows him more actual knights

Lance Tankmen
28-03-2012, 07:22
At my local GW the current top army list is bretonians

He uses all knights and trebuchet 1 wizard and a BSB 1 lord I belive he just buys a horse a lance and heavy armour and shield

The whole thing is that he buys a cheep leadership boosting charectar but this allows him more actual knights hmm id just run in and duel his lord and cut him down

purge the daemon
28-03-2012, 20:24
Yes but he has I think 87 knights in 2500 I think maybe a bit.more

Lance Tankmen
29-03-2012, 07:53
87 knights that sit back and watch me duel him?

WoodElfGeneral
30-03-2012, 19:49
If lord has the Heroic Killing Blow Virtue he can't have a magic weapon if i remember correctly

Saulot
31-03-2012, 12:56
If lord has the Heroic Killing Blow Virtue he can't have a magic weapon if i remember correctly

Incorrect. Virtue of Heroism now just gives the Knight the Heroic Killing Blow special rule. No further limitations on weapons mentioned.

russellmoo
31-03-2012, 14:27
Put the crown of command on a damsel or prophetess- this way they have to kill off almost the entire unit before they can attack the crown bearer and thus remove stubborn- this usually means the unit won't go anywhere until it is destroyed-

HKB is one of Bretonnia's real strengths, you should take advantage of it-

King Arthur
01-04-2012, 18:31
ah but you must remember I put it on the lord cos he is durable and has a look out sir! from cannons and war machines and this combined with a re roll for break tests and mag res from my prophetess makes the unit almost invincible weakness- killing the lord which is hard without a no armour saves weapons which are rare in close combat

Wesser
02-04-2012, 12:09
ah but you must remember I put it on the lord cos he is durable and has a look out sir! from cannons and war machines and this combined with a re roll for break tests and mag res from my prophetess makes the unit almost invincible weakness- killing the lord which is hard without a no armour saves weapons which are rare in close combat

Yeah, but then again.

If he's in a big lance he rly should be relying on breaking the enemy on the charge.

If he's in a small lance then thats a hell of an expensive tarpit

The enemy doesnt need to kill your lord. He aint capable of much killing, so the crown isnt so useful when its him who's tarpitting you....

Morax
02-04-2012, 18:56

First, killing him isn't so hard. The heroic killing blow lord I posted above can do it fairly easily with 6 attacks. A high elf lord with great weapon and potion of strength does it with 4 strength 9 attacks. A vampire lord, bloodletters, bloodthirster, lizardman oldblood, tombguard, graveguard, I could keep going. Characters are in general relatively easy to kill if you come equiped with the right tools for the job. Most lists are.

Second, and most importantly, Stubborn is used to tarpit things. Tarpitting only works if you are hard to remove and for that you would need a rather large unit to accompany him. Since he is on a horse, that means knights and that means a boat load of points. I'd pass on the stubborn go for this guy and just field a unit of questing knights if you want to hold something up for a turn or two.

King Arthur
05-04-2012, 17:42
but the HRKB guy isn t a leader and how often do you find all these things one in every 10-15 games and when will he actually face the model 1-4 chance of meeting them I fancy my chances, he also is in a unit of 15 KoR and BsB with him!!!!!!!!!

Morax
06-04-2012, 12:30
No the heroic killing blow Lord on pegasus isn't a leader of men, he's an assassin of monsters and with every new book they continue to be more and more prevalent. On to how often you meet these things (things that can kill the lord build you listed) are taken, I suggest you take a look at the forums here. A Vampire lord, bloodletters, bloodthirster, lizardman oldblood, tombguard, graveguard are all staples of the lists they are in, but to fill the list out more, Necropolis Knights, a Doombull, Minotuars with great weapons, Skulltaker, greater demon of slaanesh, blood crushers, the unkillable darkelf lord, dark elf witches buffed by a couldron of blood, executioners, the unkillable dwarflord, white lions, Ironguts, slaughtermasters, man eaters, savage orc bigun's, savage orc warbosses, Queek, a necroshphinx, chosenstars, chaos warriors of nurgle with banner of rage and halberds, giants, arachnarok spiders, blood knights on the charge, black knights, Khorne heroes on juggernaughts, chaos lords of just about any god, and sigvald, just to name a few. Most of those options are either units or will be in units that can handle 15 knights of the relm and a bsb rather easily. The reason for fielding the HKB lord isn't because he is a sure thing, it's because he asnwers threats that the rest of the army struggles to handle.

King Arthur
14-04-2012, 13:21
He helps the unit but to defeat him with half of them things would be lucky like bloodletters only 6attacks against him and anything with strength 7+ has a chance to hurt him