PDA

View Full Version : 6000pts Tzeentch WoC (Long Read!)

GenerationTerrorist
28-03-2012, 22:40
Introduction
Over the Easter Weekend, and a few beers, I shall be facing the 6000pt Greenskins Army of my friend with my entire 6000pt Tzeentchian Chaos Warriors collection.

We will be playing on a 10ft by 5ft table using The Watchtower as the Scenario. With a twist....Rather than the person who controls the Watchtower automatically winning, we have decided to allocate it's control as worth 750 Victory Points. We have also decided to make the Winds of Magic roll 3D6, with the defender getting the best 2D6. Due to the size of the game, we felt that the usual 2D6 would be a bit restrictive.

I'm going to try and take some photographs during the game and write a report, all the better to enable me to try and produce one of them annotated map jobbies I often see on here.

Rules
There are no rules - If it is in the Army Books and the Rulebook says it is OK, then it is legal!

My Army
I've stuck, as always with my WoC to a pure Tzeentch theme wherever possible. That is, anything that can have a Mark of Tzeentch will have one. I also care not for the unworthy Marauders and their Horsemen kin, preferring to always run Warriors, Knights and Chosen rather than massed formations of semi-naked Northmen. I also have yet to feel the pull of the Monstrous aspect of the Army List. Therefore it is 95% force of Fully Armoured Lunatics and Magicians.

LORDS AND HEROES - 1959pts

Chaos Lord - Ergax; The Tribemaker (General)
Mark of Tzeentch, Shield
Chaos Runesword, Crimson Armour of Dargan, Favour of the Gods
Diabolic Splendour, Acid Ichor

Sorcerer Lord - T'char; The Everseeing
Mark of Tzeentch, Lvl4, Disk of Tzeentch
Dragon Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Tzeentch
Third Eye of Tzeentch

Sorcerer Lord - Vir'al; The Demented
Mark of Tzeentch, Disk of Tzeentch
Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Homunculus

Exalted Hero - Onyz; The Herald
Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard Bearer, Shield
Sword of Anti-Heroes, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk
Stream of Corruption

Exalted Hero - Itc'hax; The Horselord
Mark of Tzeentch, Barded Chaos Steed, Shield
Sword of Might, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse Icon
Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero - Kha'rax; The Skybane
Mark of Tzeentch, Disk of Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Shield
Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Helm of Many Eyes
Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Sorcerer - Kha'Li; The Depraved
Mark of Tzeentch
Collar of Khorne, Dispel Scroll

CORE - 1766pts (1616pts Core +150pts Extra)

39 Chaos Warriors - Kha'Li goes here
Mark of Tzeentch, Shields
Full Command
The Blasted Standard

18 Chaos Warriors
Standard Bearer and Musician

18 Chaos Warriors

12 Chaos Warriors - Watchtower duty!
Rapturous Standard

5 units of 5 Chaos Warhounds

SPECIAL - 1565pts

28 Chaos Chosen - Ergax & Onyz go here
Mark of Tzeentch, Halberds, Shields
Full Command
Terrifying Mask of Eeeee!, Standard of Discipline

13 Chaos Knights - Itc'hax goes here
Mark of Tzeentch
Ranger Standard

5 Chaos Knights
Mark of Tzeentch
Standard Bearer
Banner of Rage

RARE - 710pts

Chaos Warshrine
Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos Warshrine
Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos Hellcannon

Chaos Hellcannon

TOTAL - 6000pts

Tactics
The general tactical setup I have for this list is pretty simple.

My centre will be held by the Ld10 Chosen Horde with my General and BSB. Either side will be the 18-man Warrior units.

One flank will be held by my Warrior Horde, with their 4+ Ward against shooring, and the pair of Hellcannons. The other will be my "Hammer" of the two Knight Units, my Lvl4 blowing things (and probably himself) up, and the Disk Exalted who (hopefully) will be able to get stuck in against War Machines before getting shot out of the sky.

I purposely avoided the internet-favoured kit on my Chosen Unit, as I hope to get the "Special 12" with one of the Warshrine Buffs on Turn One. Hence why neither the General or BSB were purchased a Ward Save item. Maybe a bit risky, but....

One thing I really looking forward to in this game is the inevitable frenzied Savage Orc charges smashing into my more disciplined Warriors and my Knights carving up dozens of Night Goblins. I am already fearing the Mangler Squigs though, having seen them in action beforehand.

Should be a good one!

Feedback welcome as always :-)
GT

Dark Aly
30-03-2012, 12:16
You have two talisman's of preservation.

Hellcannons can be effective against manglers. I'd be more concerned about how many orcs you'll have to kill and you have some small units that can give away a fair amount of VPs.

EndlessBug
30-03-2012, 15:33
agree, units of 18 and 12 are not big enough in this game. at least 24, if not 30!

you've got 87 in 4 units so why not:

3 units of 29 with 30 points from the FC for a unit of throw away hounds...

GenerationTerrorist
31-03-2012, 00:06
Hi guys. Thanks for the feedback.

I made a typo in my List, giving the mounted Exalted the ToPreservation instead of the ToProtection (6+ Ward). He is also illegal as with the FotBG he can't take any magic items. D'oh!

Therefore, he is going to be dropped in place of a regular unit Champion. I'm also going to drop the smaller Knight unit. The points saved will be used to bulk up the smaller units of Warriors to 30, 30 and 18.

Really looking forward to this - Should be a complete bloodbath!

Dark Aly
31-03-2012, 03:00
I look forward to the batrep. I still think that 18 warriors [in this points scale] are going to be fairly easy VPs for O&Gs. I might consider combining both units. I would expect to face hordes of 50-60 black orcs or savage orc big uns, 3 doom divers and the like which will mince 18 warriors in short order. You have enough wolves to take take care of fanatics and manglers but 8 spear chukkas could ruin your day.

I do however play both armies [although warriors a little less] and so want to see the best both forces can bring.