PDA

View Full Version : raising skeletal cav?

sds661
28-04-2006, 00:00
Found this in a "tactics" thread regarding Skeletal Cav in a TK army

"PS quick question: I can regenerate my horseman squads through that magic spell if they take wounds, right? And if so, is it D3 models? or D6 models?"

Now I don't play TK regularly, but when I have "dabbled" I thought a strict reading of the spell only allowed raising of "Skeleton Warriors" which would therefore only refer to infantry.

Any regular TK players out there, what's the situation regarding raising cav?

Xavier
28-04-2006, 00:13
Yes you can revive skeleton horsemen who have died in the game, and it is only d3 only tomb guard heal D6 and skeleton warriors 2D6 choose the highest.

Im going on memory here, but I played tomb kings for a few years, so I think thats right..

But you can definetly raise/restore any model in your army, not just skeleton twarriors.

Keller
28-04-2006, 01:10
But you can definetly raise/restore any model in your army, not just skeleton twarriors.
Yep, anything in the TK army is fair game to raise. You can even replenish the crew from the Skull-Catapult if they are all killed off, so long as the machine itself is still there.

Vampire Counts, on the otherhand, are limited to just skeletons and zombies, though they do raise more readily.

EvC
28-04-2006, 01:54
When you say "anything", does that go so far as to include characters? I was watching a game the other week where the guys at the Casket of Souls were all killed off, and the TK player said that he could re-raise them under some circumstance, although he seemed to change his mind that he couldn't do that... it wasn't my game so I wasn't going to insist on asking!

Bloodknight
28-04-2006, 02:53
Characters can be healed, but not resurrected.

Al Neherim
28-04-2006, 07:46
When you say "anything", does that go so far as to include characters? I was watching a game the other week where the guys at the Casket of Souls were all killed off, and the TK player said that he could re-raise them under some circumstance, although he seemed to change his mind that he couldn't do that... it wasn't my game so I wasn't going to insist on asking!

Characters can't be resurrected, moreover if the Liche Priest at the casket is killed, then the casket has to be removed from the table.

Avian
28-04-2006, 10:26
You can raise / heal anything, as long as there is at least one model from the unit left. Obviously this means that if a one-model unit (such as a character, a Tomb Scorpion or a Bone Giant) is dead you can't get it back.

GranFarfar
28-04-2006, 18:01
Yep, anything in the TK army is fair game to raise. You can even replenish the crew from the Skull-Catapult if they are all killed off, so long as the machine itself is still there.

Vampire Counts, on the otherhand, are limited to just skeletons and zombies, though they do raise more readily.

It also works the other way. You can raise the catapult as long as alteast one crew member is alive. This makes it all but impossible to take out the SS with shooting.

Keller
28-04-2006, 20:47
It also works the other way. You can raise the catapult as long as alteast one crew member is alive. This makes it all but impossible to take out the SS with shooting.

So true. The usual cannon-ball through the machine is of no help vs TK.

Flame
29-04-2006, 10:14
Characters can't be resurrected, moreover if the Liche Priest at the casket is killed, then the casket has to be removed from the table.

Only at the start of the TK players turn.

sds661
30-04-2006, 13:25
Thanks guys. Got it. I've been short changing myself with TK. I'll give them another try with lots of cav and see how it goes.