PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the exorcist?

Icewalker
28-04-2006, 02:36
I was just browsing on the official online store and came accross a fact I find rather strange. i could not find a Witch Hunters Exorcist anywhere. This is by far in my opinion the most beautiful model ever made by GW and was going to get one and I now I did not see the boxed set for it on GW online store.

Did they stop selling the boxed set or something?

jp22102000
28-04-2006, 02:42
it was a limited run model im sure

GT Templar
28-04-2006, 03:14
There was a thread about this earlier. You can by the necessary pieces seperatly, but it's RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Apparently they were losing money on it or something.

Yeah right.

Brothergrimm
28-04-2006, 03:24
limited run! too bad it was a nice kit . You can try e-bay or other online sellers for it you might get kucky.

Good Luck

Weirdboy
28-04-2006, 03:58
Kucky! I wish! I have seen them going for $75 on ebay. Might as well buy the bitz. Sad really.

Col. Dash
28-04-2006, 05:15
Blah, good riddence, it was one of the ugliest vehicle models they have produced ever. It was a stupid pipe organ on a rhino. The best model I have seen for an exorcist is the FW piece with twin rounded missile pods on a rhino. It looks almost like a whirlwind, which it basically is.

starlight
28-04-2006, 05:28
Apparently if you contact MO, they have a Bitz Kit for the Exorcist that is much cheaper. Just what I've heard.:D

hallon_apl
28-04-2006, 07:44
So much for "we will print only that which we sell". :eyebrows:

Barbarossa
28-04-2006, 07:55
Thank god I got two of 'em. Would've sucked to miss out on that tank.
Icewalker, browse through some online stores. Maybe one of them still has some in stock!

Jedi152
28-04-2006, 08:38
Still in stock and fully in production in the UK.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9914010805400&orignav=10

Brushmonkey
28-04-2006, 10:22
We have 3 in stock at our store.

The Judge
28-04-2006, 11:10
Quite a few of the stores have some left over... I can't imagine they sell as much as the other tanks...

Loricatus
28-04-2006, 15:38
US Online Store has them as bitz-order parts. They are not listed, so you'll have to do a search for Exorcist.

However, you will also need to buy an Immolator kit, and between that and the rather expensive bitz, you are looking at around US$90. You are probably better off looking on eBay or retail stores that might still have a boxed set left over. I bought two of them when they came out, and won another one at a tank conversion competition, so I lucked out there.

On the bright side, if you don't care about the organ pipes, you can bitz order the extra armor plates for ~US$11, and then kitbash something together using a Whirlwind kit.

Cheitan Shadowless
28-04-2006, 15:43
Wow, this surprises me quite a bit. We gave one to a mate for his 21st - never would've thought it would turn out to be a doubly great idea! :D

A pity if they're phasing it out, though. Nice concept, name, rules, model...can't imagine how it could be lacking in popularity, really. :(

Loricatus
28-04-2006, 17:14
The problem is not popularity, but rather profitability. Don't be fooled, there is a massive amount of metal in that kit, and even at US$55, GW was not making any money on those. Hence, they decided to make it a limited release to make us SoB players happy, and then phase it to bitz-order. The Exorcist metal parts are definitely the heaviest gaming piece I have ever put together. I haven't actually weighed it, but I'd think that the Exorcist is heavier than the Greater Daemon of Khorne.

starlight
28-04-2006, 17:35
If you think that GW puts *ANYTHING* on the shelf that isn't making them money, then I have some waterfront in Florida for you.:eyebrows: GW does *NOT* sell at a loss.

The reason that they are limited release is that the turnover (number sold in a given time) is lower than the cutoff for GW to keep in a store. Anything that doesn't sell X times in Y period gets sent to MO. Its a simple business equation, keep the fast movers on the shelf, get the slow movers off (or send them to MO in GW's case). This simple concept is the reason behind GW moving many items to MO.

Dark Eldar, Griffon, Exterminator, the list goes on. All sent to MO because they didn't make the cutoff for sales to stay on the shelf of a GW Retail store.

DragonPup
28-04-2006, 17:40
I asked my local GW store about this. What the manager said is that to order one, there's a special order number he has. You buy an Immolator at the store, then they bitz order the rest for a total of $55.

The Emperor
28-04-2006, 19:55
If you think that GW puts *ANYTHING* on the shelf that isn't making them money, then I have some waterfront in Florida for you.:eyebrows:

Err... what? That makes no sense. There're plenty of waterfront properties in Florida. Now if you'd said that you had beachfront property for sale in, oh, Montana, then that'd make sense. Yeesh. It's like saying 'make like a tree and get out of here' when you're supposed to say leave, 'make like a tree and leave'. You remind me of Biff Tanner. :p

Anyway, anyone know if there're any plans to release a new model of the Exorcist, possibly in plastic? I hope so, because I don't want to lose out on the Exorcist when I eventually get around to collecting a Witch Hunters force.

DragonPup
28-04-2006, 20:47
OK, here's how to order an Exorcist from a store. The GW stores will sell you a Immolator for $40. Then for $15 more, they put in the code 99110108054(Hope I copied that right!) and they bitz order all the Exorcist metal bitz.

RevEv
28-04-2006, 22:12
I always understood that the exorcist was a limited release in the stores - that's what it says in UK WD 294 anyway. I can confirm it is on the UK MO site at 30 as well.

starlight
29-04-2006, 02:08
Err... what? That makes no sense. There're plenty of waterfront properties in Florida. Now if you'd said that you had beachfront property for sale in, oh, Montana, then that'd make sense. Yeesh. It's like saying 'make like a tree and get out of here' when you're supposed to say leave, 'make like a tree and leave'. You remind me of Biff Tanner. :p

Sorry if I was too subtle for ya there.:p

Florida may have lots of waterfront, but most of it is SWAMP:p and none of it is owned by me.:eyebrows: Buying sight unseen, that's what you're likely to get. Believing something like *GW's selling at a loss* without seeing the books is pretty much the same - sounds good, but can't be backed up and likely isn't true.

boogle
29-04-2006, 03:01
bleurgh, i would prefer to buy the FW kits or failing that convert a Whirlwind