PDA

View Full Version : Terminator release?

Xander-K
05-06-2005, 19:20
anyone got a link for the Assault Terminators release? I do remember there being a link to one of the Warhammer sites but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Brimstone
05-06-2005, 19:44
Due out with codex Black Templars in approx October/November this year.

Ass Goblin
06-06-2005, 01:36
Will they be all plastic or a mix of metal/plastic?

Brimstone
06-06-2005, 01:37
Will they be all plastic or a mix of metal/plastic?

All plastic with a close combat sprue replacing the weapons sprue.

blitz589
06-06-2005, 01:38
are BT gettin a new seperate codex

Ass Goblin
06-06-2005, 01:46
All plastic with a close combat sprue replacing the weapons sprue.

:D Yay no more tipping Termies. I hated with the Metal/Plastic ones where your lightning claw would cause your whole squad to lean dangerously.

Brimstone
06-06-2005, 05:55
are BT gettin a new seperate codex

Well I think my comment of "due out with codex Black Templars" might be a bit of a hint. :rolleyes:

aznsk8s87
06-06-2005, 10:18
lol nice brimstone. :D

My question is on the composition of the weapons. will there be five pairs of LC's and TH's or 2:3 or something?

Brother Munro
06-06-2005, 11:07
I seem to recall there being 5 pairs of lightning claws and two thunderhammer/storm shield combos, so there aren't enough parts to do a squad with only thunderhammers, but are to do a squad all with lightning claws.

cyndre
06-06-2005, 12:27
nice, i might get the weapon sprue to make a Shrike Wing. :)

Adama
06-06-2005, 13:06
nice, i might get the weapon sprue to make a Shrike Wing. :)

The arms and such will be Terminator size, but minor clipping should be able to put them on power armour convincingly.

Inquis. Jaeger
06-06-2005, 13:31
Yeah, the power fists from the new regular termies works fine on power armour. Presumably the same will apply for the assault termie arms.

Alpharius
06-06-2005, 15:51
Now that is a *great* suggestion!

I wasn't even thinking along those lines (i.e., use them for Shrike's Wing).

Even at the rather expensive sprue cost, it will still be worth it, and cutting plastic is so much easier that trying to manipulate metal! Plus, the only right lightning claw arm that I'm aware of is from the new Veterans group, and I would want the whole group to have the same arrangement of parchments hanging off their shoulder pads!

Again, kudos to my fellow Portent users!

Sons of Russ
06-06-2005, 16:44
I just ordered the assault cannon sprue from GW. Cost me $31. For one sprue. :wtf: Apparently GW says the termie box is only two sprues, funny how it works out to four when you open the box. :rolleyes:

Brimstone
06-06-2005, 19:11
I just ordered the assault cannon sprue from GW. Cost me $31. For one sprue. :wtf: Apparently GW says the termie box is only two sprues, funny how it works out to four when you open the box. :rolleyes:

I don't know why this is a suprise, although the Canadia store doesn't seem to have a breakdown it's pretty clear on the UK and US online store. (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99120101027&orignav=300866&ParentID=254759&GameNav=10&ItemNav=302175)

plasmadaemon
06-06-2005, 19:17
they break the sprues in half, so they can fit them in the box.

I guess all the new black templar stuff will be at this year's UK gamesday.

Nukem
06-06-2005, 21:45
Mmmm New BT stuff. I'm really looking forward to the new Assault Termi Sqaud.

Heres a question though.. are the terminator bodies going to be the same? If so why is it taking this long to produce the box sets for the Assault Termies. They already have what the new lightning claw and thunder hammer are going to look like. It seems to me a easy process in making them fit the terminator body. I know producing the product and shipping it... but October/November ><

Lostanddamned
06-06-2005, 21:59
I guess this is about when it is sensible to release them, with the black templars means more people will be lead into one by the other.

Nukem
06-06-2005, 22:08
Yeah that does make sense. And as are more of the assault type they bring them out then? Eh w/e Ill still get some when they come out.. I already have 15 of the new ones.. Mmmm I love the models, but I'm still not a fan of the stances they have modeled into the legs.. I like the running one.. and thats about it. If I could afford it.. I would make a whole terminator squad with the running legs, but I dont have that kind of cash >< lol

Brimstone
06-06-2005, 22:11
Heres a question though.. are the terminator bodies going to be the same? If so why is it taking this long to produce the box sets for the Assault Termies. They already have what the new lightning claw and thunder hammer are going to look like. It seems to me a easy process in making them fit the terminator body. I know producing the product and shipping it... but October/November ><

Games Workshop don't just release stuff anymore.

A few years ago stuff would just dribble out without rhyme or reason just because it's ready.

Now they are doing the sensible thing and timing their releases to generate interest and maintain sales.

All major releases will be released alongside a codex for example I'd expect the Vindicator to go alongside the next marine codex.

So just because it's quick to do or ready doesn't mean it will be released.

Nukem
06-06-2005, 22:15
Yeah ok I see why they are waiting. And it's not like you couldn't convert them right now anyway... but you would need a considerible amount of money to do it.

Oooo so they are doing a new vindicator.. That would make me actually consider using one in a game. I'm sorry I'm not a fan of the old one at all. I like the Iron Warriors one, which I believe to be converted heavily.

Anyway thanks for clearing that up for me.

Brimstone
06-06-2005, 22:22
Oooo so they are doing a new vindicator.. That would make me actually consider using one in a game. I'm sorry I'm not a fan of the old one at all. I like the Iron Warriors one, which I believe to be converted heavily.

Yes there will be a all plastic vindicator... eventually.

By the Iron Warriors one I'm guessing you mean the Forgeworld version which isn't a conversion but a off the shelf kit, you can see it here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/vindicator.htm) and a lovely tank it is too.

Nukem
06-06-2005, 22:25
Ooooo *Drool* That is uhhhh sick. Mmmm I think I'll need to pick up one.. It might be a bit on the high end of my monthly budget for entertainment, but it is worth it for that awsome piece of machinery.

Brimstone
06-06-2005, 22:33
Well you could always get the conversion kit and get the Rhino later.

Neal at the Warstore (http://www6.mailordercentral.com/thewarstore/products.asp?dept=1161) is as always a good place to go.

LO Roxxors
07-06-2005, 03:19
I for one am glad that GW have now got a strategic overview on their releases. As a minor shareholder, I want them to succeed.

aznsk8s87
07-06-2005, 10:04
wow i feel young... i don't hold any shares simply cuz i'm 14 :D