PDA

View Full Version : Lord on shield bearers. Immune to killing blow??

Mcwinnett
04-04-2012, 19:28
hi guys, would really appreciate a conclusive answer as this is bugging me. i want to make a dwarf lord that is disgustingly tough but do not want to waste rune points on the rune of preservation as i want other runes for the lord :) all feedback is greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading :)

Iraf
04-04-2012, 19:31
He's infantry, so can still be killing blowed.

Mcwinnett
04-04-2012, 19:35
cheers for reply, is he still counted as infantry if he has a unit strength of 3 although this is not in the rule book anymore but mounted on a 20mm by 40mm base, does this still mean infantry? sorry if im being a slow pain XD oh and it says in the dwarf book that they fight as a single unit.

Mr_Rose
04-04-2012, 19:41
Troop Type classifications are essentially arbitrary and have nothing to do with the defunct 'unit strength' mechanic from previous editions, nor are they necessarily related to base size or shape either; slann, for example, are infantry despite being mounted on a floating platform with a large square base.

Mcwinnett
04-04-2012, 19:45
Alright cheers guys, that one is sorted, disappointingly..... XDoh well he is still tough hahah :)

larabic
05-04-2012, 01:03
Just to be clear, he used to be immune as he was 3 models, now he is not due to being infantry, so its worth taking the 15 pt rune that makes him immune to poison and KB.

theunwantedbeing
05-04-2012, 08:22
Just to be clear, he used to be immune as he was 3 models, now he is not due to being infantry, so its worth taking the 15 pt rune that makes him immune to poison and KB.

Not that it matters but there never was a clear answer as to whether or not he was immune to killing blow.

Texhnolyze
05-04-2012, 09:42
Not that it matters but there never was a clear answer as to whether or not he was immune to killing blow.

If a models "type" was killingblowable before he was mounted on something. Then he is killingblowable after he is mounted on something. That's in the faqs

Artinam
05-04-2012, 09:52
He refers to the older 6th and 7th edition ruling. It was a bit vague back then.

The bearded one
05-04-2012, 14:29
It wasn't vague. Unitstrength 1 and 2 could be killed with killing blow. A lord on shieldbearers had unitstrenght 3, so could not.

Now unitstrength is defunct, so it doesn't matter if your book says you're unistrength 10.000, if you're infantry you can be killed with killing blow.

larabic
05-04-2012, 16:47
Thanks Bearded One, i was trying to point out that yes it used to be true so there was a decent reason as to the confusion on this rule as the Dwarf book is regrettably the same but the edition is not.

Mcwinnett
06-04-2012, 12:36
Cheers guys for all your feedback, it was really useful, and to e quite honest I'm surprised at how many people have viewed this in the last 2 days, I never thought t would ey this much interest :) thanks again :)

Sh4d0w
08-04-2012, 06:21
yeah agree with bearded one here, used to be immune because of unit strength 3 but not now, although if he was i think that might be abit OP

General_Vega
30-01-2015, 11:43
I know this is an old thread. BUT, I haven't been able to find a definitive ruling on this since the new Dwarf book from last year. Can wardancers killing blow this guy?

forseer of fates
30-01-2015, 12:45
Unless there is a rune that makes you immune to killing blow then you can be killing blowed.

Ramius4
30-01-2015, 13:16
I know this is an old thread. BUT, I haven't been able to find a definitive ruling on this since the new Dwarf book from last year. Can wardancers killing blow this guy?

Yes. His troop type is infantry.

General_Vega
30-01-2015, 17:28
Unless there is a rune that makes you immune to killing blow then you can be killing blowed.

K thanks, that's how we played it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating my opponent.

Wardancers would seem to be an auto include then. Wow.