PDA

View Full Version : Vinush's Empire Attempts

vinush
08-04-2012, 16:55
Okay, so having spent four hours of attempting to write Empire army lists I have produced the following based on what I used to take but adapted to fit the new rule book...

They are all 1000 point lists, based on friendly play.

List 1

General of the Empire, Full plate, Enchanted shield, luckstone

Captain, Battle Standard, Full Plate, Shield
Witch Hunter, Armour of Fortune
Level 1 Wizard

25 Halberdiers, Full command
10 Archers
10 Crossbowmen
Helblaster Volley Gun

Total: 996.

List 2

As List 1, except Warrior Priest with Heavy Armour and additional hand weapon replaces the wizard, making 1000 points exactly.

List 3

General of the Empire, Full Plate, Enchanted Shield
Captain, BSB, full plate, shield, luck stone
Level 1 Wizard
Warrior Priest, Heavy Armour, Additional Hand Weapon
10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen
Helstorm Rocket Battery

Total: 1000 points.

Comments, etc. Welcome.

THE \/ince

Brolaski
08-04-2012, 18:09
Personally, I feel that their just isn't enough magic in any of the lists. You probably wont get much, if anything, done in the magic phase with one lvl1 wizard. Other than that, all the lists look great to me. I would go for list 3 though, if I had to choose one.

vinush
08-04-2012, 18:18
Out of the armies I regularly face the only ones that have any serious form of magic is the one VC army and the Beastman player. I would normally use a level 2, but I want to try some of the other goodies in the army book, which means some things have to go.

THE \/ince

Von Wibble
08-04-2012, 22:03
ERm, list 2 looks a lot more than list 1 since the warrior priest isn't replacing anything?

Lists look fine in general - I think the 3rd looks the best. Are the missile units detachments?

vinush
09-04-2012, 08:09
I've edited the first post so it actually states that the WP is in place of the Wizard.

My reckoning on the first two lists was to stick the Witch Hunter in with the archers and use him to go a hunting for heretics.

THE \/ince

Von Wibble
09-04-2012, 09:34
In that case, I'll change to the first list. Even in a low magic environment no wizard is a big risk, and having a witch hunter is too big a draw!