PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen vs Plague Furnace

Danny76
09-04-2012, 18:56
Hey guys, come across an interesting match today.
One friend had beasts and another Skaven.

With the plague furnace as a mount also pushed by 30 or so rats.
How do beastmen counter this.
Looking at the beastmen book, I can't really see anything effective.
In this game. The skaven player had like a one use reroll to hit and wound so the giant that tried to attack it was utterly wasted.
But even without that item. What can they go with to counter this?
It was a 1500 point game.

Don Zeko
09-04-2012, 22:33
40 Bestigor are slightly fewer points and will beat them handily if you don't flub your primal fury roll.

decker_cky
09-04-2012, 23:51
Yup. 40 gors + wyssan's wildform will do the job as well.

Steaknchips
10-04-2012, 00:08
I've been running a 1+AS with rerolls ASF Ramhorn helm Doombull recently. Our local skaven player likes to run horde of 40 PM's with the plague banner for some reason he doesnt like the furnace. Last game I solo charge the doombull - With Deathfrenzy, Bless with filth and the banner used I managed to put 19 rats down with the doombull in a single combat. Not sure how we'll he'd do against the furnace aswell but he'd definatly manage to grind the unit down fast.

Don Zeko
10-04-2012, 02:06
oh yeah, a doombull will do the job with panache too.

Sexiest_hero
10-04-2012, 03:37
yeah, Giants are for other monsters and clanrats. Or things they can terror away. Gors with beastbanner will end that unit, as will a doombull and Bestigors.

Danny76
10-04-2012, 20:45
Ok, what if they had the Plague Banner. Would all those rerolls take down pretty much anything.
If so the first thing is always toast.

Sexiest_hero
10-04-2012, 21:22
rerolls don't matter to a doombull. You'l only say Yess, hit him more! MORE!

Don Zeko
10-04-2012, 22:01
Ok, what if they had the Plague Banner. Would all those rerolls take down pretty much anything.
If so the first thing is always toast.

I included the re-rolls in my math. 40 Bestigor will take something in the neighborhood of 15 casualties in round 1 while inflincting something like 22 wounds. In round two, plague monks have lost frenzy and don't have re-rolls, while the bestigor are hitting just as hard as in round one. It goes downhill for them pretty quickly.

Steaknchips
10-04-2012, 23:53
The wonderful thing about the doombull is a) hes very similar points to a 40 man horde with the plague banner b) hes almost immune to their attacks. Have to be very unlucky to die from them alone even in prolonged combat c) units like the plague monks act as a battery to charge up his bloodgreed. By the time he's killed the whole unit he should be on around 9-10 attacks plus stomp.

decker_cky
10-04-2012, 23:53
Yup. Lots of stuff can hit beastmen hard in round 1, but most beastmen units keep hitting hard in every round.