PDA

View Full Version : Da Red Skullz Tribe - 2000 points of Orcs & Goblins

Arnizipal
09-04-2012, 20:12
I have a couple of 8th edition battles under my belt now (picked up the latest edition early this year) and I've had reasonable success at 2500 points.
I had a 2000 point battle against the new Empire last Saturday though, and it went really bad. As a list used a downsized version of my 2500 points list but that didn't exactly work out well... (30 man Big'Un hordes don't seem to perform :o).

This is the reworked list I intend to use next time. Any comment or critique is welcome.

2000 Pts - Orcs & Goblins Roster - Da Red Skullz Tribe

Total Roster Cost: 1999

Orc Warboss - 218 pts
Shield
Basha's Axe of Stunty Smashin'
Armour of Destiny
(This guy will join the Big'Unz)

Orc Great Shaman - 255 pts
Level 4
Earthing Rod
Talisman of Endurance
(He will be joining the Black Orcs)

Orc Big Boss - 87 pts
War Boar
Great Weapon
Shield
Dragonbane Gem
Ironcurse Icon
(Basically he's the trolls' baby-sitter)

Night Goblin Shaman - 135 pts
Level 2 Upgrade
Feedback Scroll
(Joins the Night Goblins)

Night Goblin Big Boss - 109 pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Light Armour
Shield
The Bad Moon Banner
(Joins the Night Goblins)

Night Goblin Big Boss - 72 pts
Light Armour
Sword of Might
Enchanted Shield
The Other Trickster's Shard
(This guy serves as the personal duellist of the shaman and the standard bearer :))

24 Orc Big'Uns - 251 pts
Full Command
Extra Choppaz
(deployed in 5X5)

10 Goblin Wolf Riders - 140 pts
Musician
Short Bow
Spear
Shield

33 Night Goblins - 249 pts
Full Command
Nets
3 Fanatics
(deployed in 7X5 - with characters joining this unit grows to over 35 models so it maximises rank bonus)

19 Black Orcs - 298 pts
Full Command
War Banner
(deployed in 5X5)

3 Trolls - 105 pts

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult - 80 pts

The Big'Unz with the Warboss go in the centre, and the Black Orcs and Night Goblins go on either side.
Wolfies and trolls go round the flanks, nothing fancy...

Thoughts?

Arnizipal
10-04-2012, 22:14
I'm in two minds about the big block of wolf riders.
So far I've been fielding two units of five with a musician in each, but they never did much.
With the bigger unit I hope they have at least some sort of impact, although one unit is theoretically less flexible than two.

Oogie boogie boss
10-04-2012, 22:33
Too many characters, not enough troops. Ditch the Blorcs and get more standard Boys, either lose some magic items or a Big Boss and if you decide to keep him, ditch the Boar from the Orc Big Boss. This army need at least one more block of troops, and that Big 'Uns unit needs to be at least 35. I'd cut the Wolf riders down to 6, and bulk out the NG unit.
I like to see someone who hasn't gone for Blorc and Sorc character combos though, and has stuck with the good ol' regular orc.

Arnizipal
10-04-2012, 22:44
Too many characters, not enough troops. Ditch the Blorcs and get more standard Boys, either lose some magic items or a Big Boss and if you decide to keep him, ditch the Boar from the Orc Big Boss. If I took out the Black Orcs I'd lose quite a bit of hitting power. I don't think regular boys can replace that.
The warboar is needed to allow the Orc Big Boss to keep up with the Trolls.

Might have a look in dropping the Night Goblins BSB and Big Boss though (although that will probably render my Night Goblins rather useless in the fighting department).

This army need at least one more block of troops, and that Big 'Uns unit needs to be at least 35. I'd cut the Wolf riders down to 6, and bulk out the NG unit.
Is increasing the unit size even more viable points-wise in a 2000 pts game?
I thought the Night Goblin unit was pretty big currently (the full unit is 36 models). I run 50 at 2500 but that seems a bit overkill (not to mention expensive) in 2000 points.

I like to see someone who hasn't gone for Blorc and Sorc character combos though, and has stuck with the good ol' regular orc.Not a Black orc character in sight in this list ;)